1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I Should Coco

I Should Coco Well-Known Member

OK. "There Is Nothing More Hateful at ITT than a Modern American Liberal."

Got it!;)

Donny in his element likes this.
  2. Donny in his element

Donny in his element Well-Known Member

There Is No More Hateful Individual Than The Modern American Liberal

3. I Should Coco

I Should Coco Well-Known Member

Thanks, Donny. I drop in on this thread just often enough to be confused.

And for the record, I'm all about peace, love and Coca-Cola ... [/crossthread]

4. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

Meh. I know that the Saudis are our guys and that they oppose Iran. OTOH, SA also continues to spread Wahabism everywhere they can, and that's a poisonous sect. They've got a lot of oil, yadda yadda. There is also an awful lot about the Saudis which is outright reprehensible. We're about to sell them nuclear reactors which will wind up with their having nuclear devices. The Saudis are also mercilessly bombing and shelling people who are helpless before their high tech arms.

I can't see a lot of good in coming down for either side in this, or the Shia or Sunnis, basically. We're sticking our dicks in a wringer again. We wind up pissing off yet more people in the region who'll want to truck bomb us, etc. Both sides have people who kinda like us and those who hate us like poison.

I have not forgotten where the guys who took down the Trade Towers came from, either.

Not my circus, not my monkeys. I just don't see much good coming out of it, other than selling a lot of arms and currying favor with the big oil reserve guys.

5. Slacker

Slacker Well-Known Member

We studied thousands of anonymous posts about the Parkland attack — and found a conspiracy in the making

Forty-seven minutes after news broke of a high school shooting in Parkland, Fla., the posters on the anonymous chat board 8chan had devised a plan to bend the public narrative to their own designs: “Start looking for [Jewish] numerology and crisis actors.”

The voices from this dark corner of the Internet quickly coalesced around a plan of attack: Use details gleaned from news reports and other sources to push false information about one of America’s deadliest school shootings.

The posters on anonymous forums, a cauldron of far-right extremist politics, over the next few hours speculated about the shooter’s ethnicity (“Hope the kid isn’t white”) and cracked off-color jokes. They began crafting false explanations about the massacre, including that actors were posing as students, in hopes of blunting what they correctly guessed would be a revived interest in gun control.

The success of this effort would soon illustrate how lies that thrive on raucous online platforms increasingly shape public understanding of major events. As much of the nation mourned, the story concocted on anonymous chat rooms soon burst onto YouTube, Twitter and Facebook, where the theories surged in popularity.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/busi...8e748f892c0_story.html?utm_term=.d57bbec68adc

6. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

7. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

The Civil Rights Act stops Wal-Mart from selling items to black people. It specifically prohibits discrimination based upon race.

The alcohol laws are simply written differently - one must be 21, at minimum, to buy alcohol. I assume Wal-Mart could set its own limit at 35. Or 50. But it couldn’t sell to a 20-year-Old.

8. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

The cake case is a clash between a state anti-discrimination law and the First Amendment. The Constitution does not require you to sell to a gay couple. Statutes do.

9. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

10. QYFW

QYFW Well-Known Member

11. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

I've expressed no antipathy.

But they are literally clinging to their guns in a religious ceremony.

Neutral Corner likes this.
  12. melock

melock Well-Known Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.