1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. QYFW

QYFW Well-Known Member

I would say that if you’re getting “starry eyed” with any politician you’re a dope. Too many dopes walking around and posting on the Internet.

SpeedTchr likes this.
  2. DanielSimpsonDay

DanielSimpsonDay Well-Known Member

You must not be a very fine person.

3. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

Because a terrible, cynical, economically illiterate proposal is a terrible, cynical, economically illiterate proposal no matter who makes it?

BadgerBeer and Inky_Wretch like this.
  4. typefitter

typefitter Well-Known Member

I have come to the conclusion that once the World's Greatest Democracy [sic] was given a choice between Hillary and Trump for president, things were going to be fucked either way. Hillary with a Republican Congress would have been a far more competent shit show, but still a shit show.

The people America needs to run for president are exactly the kind of people who will never, ever run for president.

Smallpotatoes and Neutral Corner like this.
  5. typefitter

typefitter Well-Known Member

I'LL HAVE YOU KNOW I LOOK PRETTY GOOD FOR A 44-YEAR-OL... Oh wait. I get it. Sorry, took me a second.

6. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

It may get worse in the social media age, where everyone has a fuck-up out there somewhere. Can you imagine if one of us here ran for office and someone leaked our handle to Fox News? Who in the name of all that is holy would want to put himself through that?

7. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Let's be clear. Nothing is being "rolled back".

These rules were never implemented:

On Wednesday, Mr. Pruitt took a major step toward completing that task, filing the legal documents required to suspend the Obama rule for two years. The rule was set to be implemented in the coming weeks, following a Supreme Court decision last week that gave jurisdiction of the matter to district courts.

Having suspended the water rule, Mr. Pruitt is now crafting a Trump administration version, which is expected to include much looser regulatory requirements on how farmers, ranchers and real estate developers must safeguard the streams and tributaries that flow through their property and into larger bodies of water.

The Obama clean water regulation, which would have limited the use of pollutants like chemical fertilizers that could run off into small streams, came under fierce criticism from the rural landowners that make up a key component of Mr. Trump’s political base.

E.P.A. Blocks Obama-Era Clean Water Rule

8. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

Remember when Elena Kagan was up for the Court? It became a shitshow for a news cycle when it was discovered that she had received a single B+ at Harvard Law, in her first semester.

Inky_Wretch and garrow like this.
  9. lakefront

lakefront Well-Known Member

And let's talk about that "degree in design", or whatever bull that was.

10. lakefront

lakefront Well-Known Member

Tomorrow..."No one knew how hard it is to have a trade war"

11. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

12. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Gorsuch was President of the Fascism Forever Club, and still go confirmed.

What a difference a few years makes.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.