1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

And I learned another new word today: Astroturfing. I'm so un-hip.

I kind of suspected some phoniness to the whole "These kids are special" narrative, but I had no idea it had a name.

2. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Don’t most of those flights operate at hours that wouldn’t — oh fuck it — impact commercial flights?

3. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Two weeks since he’s had a burger!

Could explain the crankiness.

4. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

They pretty much fly 24/7. Every time I’ve flown into or out of Memphis our plane is surrounded by FedEx planes on the lineup. It’s a pretty amazing operation to watch while waiting on a flight.

5. trifectarich

trifectarich Well-Known Member

I would never suggest Delta could, would or should pack up its Atlanta operation and move. But it probably could easily take a 100-200 flights a day and stop somewhere else besides ATL. I guess only Delta knows the answer to the most important question of all: Of all the people who fly to Atlanta on any given day, how many are flying elsewhere vs. making ATL their final destination?

I loved connecting in Cincinnati when it was a major Delta hub.

6. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Before JetBlue made its big move in Boston and instituted a non-stop to Jacksonville (where my parents lived), I would connect through Cincinnati to get there as often as through Atlanta. The only other option was USAir through Philly. Ugh.

7. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

I hear Trump Airlines is just doing gangbusters.

HanSenSE likes this.
  8. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

Just like the Tea Party movement.

Inky_Wretch likes this.
  9. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

You and TF are both half right. Delta is unlikely to move their Atlanta hub. The amount of money invested and the fact that ATL is the busiest airport in the world would make that a poor business decision. OTOH, Corporate HQ can be anywhere. If Delta gets sick enough of the Ga. Lege screwing them over, they can take those jobs (and the tax money they generate) elsewhere, and the politicians involved would be eating dirt and kissing ass, trying to convince them to stay. Delta would get offered all sorts of incentives to move.

10. Twirling Time

Twirling Time Well-Known Member

Come again?

SpeedTchr likes this.
  11. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

12. typefitter

typefitter Well-Known Member

You know who is going to have a tough go of things? Jared Kushner's kids. "Well, your grandfather was a crook, and your father was a shifty weasel-faced fraud, but I'm sure you're okay."

HanSenSE likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.