1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

To my earlier point about guns and Facebook likes, my inner-circle friend posted a photo of his 12-year-old daughter at the range last night and got 27 likes.

YankeeFan likes this.
  2. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Nobody said it would be easy, but if you have other markets offering them deals to move and they keep getting screwed where they are, it's absolutely possible.

That said, you're yanking this discussion away from the real point. Aren't you supposed to be against government interfering with business? Yet now you are happy that government is punishing a major corporation for how it does business because the people doing it are Republicans.

3. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

The Republican Party's not neutered, it's complicit.

With every passing day it becomes more apparent.

4. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

Boeing famously moved to Chicago...but kept its day-to-day operation in Seattle; Delta ain't going nowhere, other than perhaps some jobs filled by suits. It's just not financially feasible to move an airline maintenance and field operation to another location.

Why are we even talking about this? Has Delta made any rumbles about moving?

Please let's stop. I can't stand having to support @YankeeFan's position!

5. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

That's why I transitioned to the point YankeeFan is ducking, which is government punishing business for doing something completely legal just because they don't like it. (And because some, if not all, of those legislators need to keep their lips pressed to the collective asses of the NRA at all times.)

6. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Delta is diversified enough - hubs throughout the US, where they could just throw shade by transferring certain operations to another airport, Detroit, Minnesota, Salt Lake, Seattle. Compared to the federal tax overhaul, the state tax break is nothing - just a way for the state to show it's "appreciation" - or not - to the carrier.

7. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

Defense spending, 2018:

A. United States: $700 billion, an $89 billion increase from 2016.
    B. Russia: $46 billion, a $23 billion decrease from 2016.

Bizarro America is A thinking B is some kind of threat in light of those numbers. It is absolutely staggering that the U.S. honestly believes no other country is entitled to defend itself and pursue its own self interest. And if they do, WE MUST REACT! Where the fuck does such thinking come from?

You keep saying you want a "peep" out of Trump. Do you want another infantile tweet that will push us closer to conflict? The kind you mock him about all the time? He INCREASED our defense budget. That's more than a peep.

Last edited: Mar 3, 2018
  8. 3_Octave_Fart

3_Octave_Fart Well-Known Member

Is that what this thread is now - one guy arguing with 40 others, in speed-dating like fashion?
    Pass.

lakefront likes this.
  9. Jake_Taylor

Jake_Taylor Well-Known Member

I don't think I'm ever going to have guns in the house, especially while my kids live here. But if you do, you should be teaching kids about that age how to handle them responsibly.

My dad insisted we take hunter safety classes as kid, even though he kept his guns locked up at my grandpa's house and we didn't really hunt.

10. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

Opioids don’t kill kill, stupid people who can’t hamdle their opioids die.
    Besides, I don’t see banning recreational drugs enumerated as a congressional or executive power.

11. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

Alex Baldwin and his dieing career.

melock, HanSenSE and TigerVols like this.
  12. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

What do we really know about the Republican Party? Do we know if they really love America? Why do they hate America?

TigerVols likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.