1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

2. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

QYFW likes this.
  3. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

Why, yes, YF, the Republican tax cuts *did* increase income inequality in the U.S.

4. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Does the President understand how firmly entrenched in the U.S. economy foreign automakers already are? Fiat/Chrysler, Mercedes, Toyota, Nissan..they have PLANTS in this country.

5. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

For Trump, US time stopped in about 1982. That's the country in his mind. So no, he doesn't.

6. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

He thinks this whole thing is a reality show and he loves applause.

7. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

I see a lot of sudden experts on trade policy because they feel the need to oppose anything Trump says or does.

8. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Find me the economists who think this is a good idea. Find one. So far, the only public figure of consequence to endorse this is Richard Trumka, head of the AFL-CIO, a worthy soul with a good heart who doesn't understand either economics or the nature of the organization he now leads.
    The economy is doing fine, as Trump tells us every day. So why rock the boat? Answer that question. Oh, yeah, before you do, read the story in the Post about how Trump made the decision in a rage because he saw a picture of Sessions having dinner with Rosenstein on TV.

9. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

God damn WSJ editorialist. Dilettantes.

10. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

Alma, are you saying that you think Trump's tariffs are solid economic policy? Steel and aluminum hurt some of our biggest allies and trading partners.

If he's actually intending to smack China, I wonder what he thinks will happen to cooperation to pressure NK?

I have yet to see anything that leads me to believe that this was anything but pure impulsive Trump.

11. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

They didn’t rename it for Kennedy and Clinton?

12. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

Yes. Because people were never, ever pro-free-trade before Trump came along...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.