1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. QYFW

QYFW Well-Known Member

Jesus Christ, for someone who keeps telling people how in touch with yours and others feeling you are, you sure can be a condescending prick.

2. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Sun rises in the East.

3. typefitter

typefitter Well-Known Member

What? I'm asking honestly. What was condescending there? I don't get it.

4. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Nope. Personal Responsibility and all that.

5. QYFW

QYFW Well-Known Member

Come on. You were mocking the guy who tweeted, as if he was, oh, I don't know, a coffee machine repairman.

I've never worked in television, but it seems that if you thought your interview subject was drunk you might gracefully exit the interview in a professional manner. Not embarrass the guy (further).

6. typefitter

I put his name in quotes because I didn't know if that was a real name or a Twitter handle. I don't know who he is, and it sounded made up to me. Sorry, man. I didn't mean anything by it.

7. melock

melock Well-Known Member

8. typefitter

Back to the original Nunberg question, I have no idea what the right move is if you suspect, on live TV, that your subject is drunk. I think if you say he is, you obviously better have cause for it. (Asking if someone is drunk is different from saying someone is drunk, at least to me.) But if someone is really ripping, about a national story with possibly serious legal implications, are you really going to stop them from talking? I'm honestly asking. I really don't know what I'd do there.

I think if you ask, "Are you sure you want to say these things," if he says yes, then I think you keep him on, right?

I could totally be wrong.

9. QYFW

QYFW Well-Known Member

Fair enough. He's one of the many Washington journalist-types I follow.

The Trump aide sounds like a loon, but alcoholism is a scourge I would rather not be quite so familiar with, so I was genuinely curious what the protocol would be for live TV in such a situation.

10. QYFW

QYFW Well-Known Member

11. typefitter

I'm genuinely curious, too.

I really had never heard of T. Becket Adams. That name honestly sounded like a Twitter character to me, like Old Hoss Radbourn.

QYFW likes this.
  12. Slacker

Slacker Well-Known Member

Our overstuffed national dotard doesn't joke about anything. If he says it, he's already angling for it in his head.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.