1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. melock

melock Well-Known Member

Someone here asked if you’re supposed to ask.

2. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

3. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

I don't know if this guy was drunk or not, but it would be a pretty impressive feat of drunkenness (a subject with which I have some slight familiarity) to do five or six cable television interviews in succession without revealing more than alcohol on one's breath.

4. QYFW

QYFW Well-Known Member

That wasn't the question.

5. QYFW

QYFW Well-Known Member

Functioning heroin addicts exist. I wouldn't put such a thing past any number of people.

6. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

7. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Didn't see he couldn't, only that it would be very impressive on the high-functioning scale. He did say he was on anti-depressants. Some of those combined with a slight amount of alcohol can produce spectacular results.

8. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

You either badly misread or intentionally misrepresented PCLoadletter's point. He acknowledged the guy's position and history. You made it about personal politics, not PC.

9. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

If he's drunk, he doesn't sound like it. So I don't think CNN could have gleaned anything from his previous appearances. In other words, I don't think they heard the previous appearances and said, gleefully, "Oh, good. He's trashed. We'll have some must-see TV."

After saying he hadn't consumed alcohol, he says he's on his antidepressants. I was not surprised by the admission of antidepressants in light of the rant that followed. He doesn't sound well. I'm no doctor, of course, but I am familiar with such topics as a layman whose family includes a considerable history of depression.

First thing tomorrow, this guy is going to release a mea culpa statement saying he took his meds too late or he was, in fact, drinking. He's going to have to walk back some of the things he said in order to avoid jail time.

10. QYFW

QYFW Well-Known Member

He already started.

11. typefitter

typefitter Well-Known Member

I mean, the obvious question watching that Erin Burnett clip is, What did she smell if it wasn't alcohol?

12. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Not trying to start anything - or be snide but I do wonder what a Trump fan makes of things these days. Do you support (most or) all the policies, but not Trump? Do you still have confidence in the Administration and think that everyone is out to "get" the President? Do you just enjoy the spectacle of seeing the left freak out with every eruption or new policy? Do you think the President is good for the party or do you worry how he will change if the GOP loses control of Congress?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.