1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

What if he'd just had one drink and that's what Burnett smelled?

2. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

Plus, he is so heavy-handed about self-promotion that it is, paradoxically, almost a lighter touch.

3. QYFW

QYFW Well-Known Member

4. QYFW

QYFW Well-Known Member

Aren’t’t you the (other) guy who thinks you shouldn’t assume things you know nothing of?

5. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

When the time comes to upgrade, get the SE.

Same convenient size, now with the processor power and camera guts of the 6.

6. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

A few years back, I had two light beers at dinner before a concert that started at 8 p.m. At around 1 a.m., I got pulled over. Had to go through every stupid human trick, and this was after Officer 1 sent Officer 2 to my car to stick his head through my open window about two inches from my face and pretend to strike up a pleasant conversation with me. I said something along the lines of, "I know what's going on here. Can we get on with it? I had two light beers five hours ago."

So they breathalyze me. (Or perhaps pretend to.) Officer says, "You blew 0.14." I say, "You better check it again. I had two light beers five hours ago."

They make me do the stupid human tricks.

They finally let me go home.

7. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

I think it's funny, too, given the criticism of Trump's business -- "he doesn't build anything, he just licenses his name!"

Is a book by Chelsea Clinton anything other than a branding deal, with her serving as the spokesperson for the book?

8. YankeeFan

The media self destruction in the age of Trump has really been something to behold.

Listening to Katy Tur try to justify the news value of her interview this morning on MSNBC was something.

He can sometimes be reliable. He's occasionally a good source of information. You just need to take what he says with a grain of salt, and try to parse what he's saying.

Good grief!

TigerVols likes this.
  9. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Media BAD!!!!!!

10. Guy_Incognito

Guy_Incognito Well-Known Member

BTExpress, SpeedTchr and QYFW like this.
  11. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

YF, if a person under subpoena in a criminal investigation involving the President shows up and wants to talk, you let them talk. The journalist is not responsible if the person is drunk, self-destructive, an idiot or all three. Axios is mad because Nunberg was their source and he burned himself.

garrow and Inky_Wretch like this.
  12. YankeeFan

This shit is funny. The virtue signaling is just off the charts.

And, practically, wouldn’t you want to know up front if the guy is such a gun nut, that he included one in his profile pictures, rather than finding out later?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.