1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SnarkShark

SnarkShark Well-Known Member

This isn’t arguing newsworthiness?

2. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

Couple of points.

- If drunk on TV is a problem, why does every almost green room have a bar?

- If I book someone to appear on my show, is their mental/emotional /cerebral condition my responsibility or theirs? Is it the responsibility of their publicist? Their family? All of these? Some of these? None of these?

- What's the cutoff point before a producer should intercede? Tipsy? Charming? Drunk? Obviously drunk? Incoherent?

- Is this an ethical question? A moral one? A question of journalistic practice?

Neutral Corner likes this.
  3. QYFW

QYFW Well-Known Member

No.

4. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Surely you don't believe that.

5. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Was Nunberg ranting? Yes. Was he obviously incoherent? Not when I watched. His judgment was impaired, which is why I hope the studios got him Ubers, but he was not incapacitated.

6. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

It's like I say when I was told about new school projects: Plans mean nothing. Pouring concrete, that means something.

Neutral Corner likes this.
  7. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

8. HanSenSE

I think what we're seeing is another classic YF as sportstalk caller the day after the big game. He didn't like what was said, so it has no news value. As TigerVols noted, it's a different decision in the heat of the moment. Now if it was a Democrat doing the interviews ..

9. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

The Nunberg interviews weren't even a difficult decision. You run with him, period. Was it a big story? Overall, probably not. But it was a big story when it was happening.

BadgerBeer and HanSenSE like this.
  10. HanSenSE

11. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Oh, YF's political bias is absolutely a part of it. He will say anything to defend Trump or any Republican who doesn't oppose Trump and he will find any excuse to attack any Democrat. Of course, this also fits into his ongoing attacks on the media. In YankeeFan's world, Democrats, teachers and members of the media are the roots of all evil in this country.

BadgerBeer and HanSenSE like this.
  12. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

Look at the stats. Post-Columbine thousands of officers have been put into high schools. Roughly one in four have one. They have stopped zero mass shootings, but thousands of kids have been jailed for things which would in the past likely have been handled administratively, generally for "disorderly conduct".

Schools with more minorities have more SRO's, and schools with more SRO's generate more arrests.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.