1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

Or that he had trouble spelling.

2. goalmouth

goalmouth Well-Known Member

The asshole president of the United States called neo-Nazis "very fine people".

3. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

He's not, but anybody who thinks DeVos should have that job clearly has issues. That, or they don't care about the quality of education in this country. They just want to shove Judeo-Christian prayer in school down everybody's throats.

DeVos is not qualified. This was made clear during the confirmation process. She failed to understand some of the most basic concepts in education. That's not just a lack of experience. That's not giving a shit. She didn't even bother to learn the basics. She just wants to push her agenda, which is dismantling anything the Obama administration did and stealing money from public schools to give it private ones.

Even some of the most passionate Trump supporters I know will tell you she was a terrible choice. It takes a special type of Trump sycophant to think otherwise.

lakefront and tapintoamerica like this.
  4. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

I saw the punctuation error, but I figured w/in was shortening within to stay under the character limit.

Of course, with errors such as those, he'd fit right in with DeVos and her staff.

tapintoamerica likes this.
  5. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Devos having that job is like the person writing the big check getting to chair the local museum or symphony.As long as the checks are clearing, no Republican leader is going to tell her she's wrong. I don't think she's talented enough to do serious damage to the Dept. of Ed, like Pruitt is doing to the EPA.

6. Justin_Rice

Justin_Rice Well-Known Member

We all know you would never, ever smear those you disagree with.

7. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

"smears"?

hmmm.

8. QYFW

QYFW Well-Known Member

Someone who makes his name by going on TV and personally insulting any and every political opponent just strengthens my MAL position.

9. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

1. The tweet’s conclusion you cite is
    False.
    2. The tweet you cite is a biased unsubstatiated opinion of an unknown source.
    3. Insulting political opponents is how President Trump got elected and the trump supporters love when he insults his opponents.
    4. You knew that.

10. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

11. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

trumpthumbsweb.jpg

12. DanielSimpsonDay

DanielSimpsonDay Well-Known Member

Also strengthening the MAL position:

- The NCAA tournament West bracket
    - Season 3 of CSI: Miami
    - Fidget spinners