1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. QYFW

QYFW Well-Known Member

Now doesn’t that feel better.

2. Slacker

Slacker Well-Known Member

It's like YF sent you his Magic Tweeter Box!

3. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

It is what it is.

4. BadgerBeer

BadgerBeer Well-Known Member

I would not argue that she was a good candidate or that she ran a good campaign. But that clip was on the mark. I am from one of those backward areas. Some of the things that come out of the mouths of seemingly good people would shock those from more enlightened spots. BTW, I am happy to not listen to her ever again, in fact the only time I ever hear from her is when yank or you post something to divert from the disaster of a President you helped elect (assuming you didn't vote for Hillary, if you did I apologize).

Smallpotatoes and Slacker like this.
  5. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

Most of the people who care about what Hillary Clinton has to say never voted for her.

6. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

The First Rule of American Politics is never, ever admit that America is super racist, and a large chunk of America is super duper racist.

BadgerBeer and Smallpotatoes like this.
  7. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

If she ran, yes.

8. 3_Octave_Fart

3_Octave_Fart Well-Known Member

She has been repudiated, and needs to go away.
    Others have had the good sense to do so.
    She has fantastic wealth, a good life, we don't need to be hearing from this person anymore.

Stoney likes this.
  9. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

"smear"

10. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Very well. One investigation down, seven more to go.

After all, Benghazi set the precedent.

Smallpotatoes likes this.
  11. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Trump has said worse about groups of people - where was the outrage then? If people want to live in a state that supports their social conservatism, that devalues the environment and education, I'm fine with it. That is their right. I just don't understand why the rest of the country should feel like they "owe" them something when things have turned out the way they have, that they should be bailed out for the decisions that have put those states in the situation they are in.

12. Slacker

Slacker Well-Known Member

Now WTF is Bozo doing?

Trump Blocks Broadcom’s Bid for Qualcomm

President Trump on Monday blocked Broadcom’s $117 billion bid for the chip maker Qualcomm, citing national security concerns and sending a clear signal that he was willing to take extraordinary measures to punctuate his administration’s increasingly protectionist stance.

In a presidential order, Mr. Trump said there was “credible evidence” that led him to believe that if Singapore-based Broadcom were to acquire control of Qualcomm, which is based in San Diego, it “might take action that threatens to impair the national security of the United States.”

The decision underscored the lengths that the president is willing to go to shelter American companies and ward off foreign investment in the United States. In recent weeks, he has turned to an arsenal of tools — including tariffs and an obscure government panel that reviews foreign investments — to protect American industries and to thwart the rise of China in particular.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.