1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SpeedTchr

SpeedTchr Well-Known Member

I hope Mrs. Clinton stays around blathering for years. She retired the award for the worst shitbag candidate ever put up for a presidential election. She lost to Il Douché.

2. typefitter

typefitter Well-Known Member

As far as I'm concerned, Hillary is a free citizen and can say whatever the fuck she wants. And if I were her, having to navigate the rest of my life knowing that I lost a presidential election to Donald Trump, I'd be pretty fucking bitter about it, too. She's endured one of the greatest public humiliations in the history of the species. It's a miracle she's not keeping jars of her own urine in neat rows across the floor. I'm amazed she cuts her fingernails.

3. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Seeing that quote, if Shooter was 18 in '33, that means he was 36 in 1951.

Hopper was 50 when the film was made. That missed shot aged Shooter at least 14 years.

4. cjericho

cjericho Well-Known Member

That and a couple bottles of whatever whiskey he was drinking each day.

Smallpotatoes and Baron Scicluna like this.
  5. QYFW

QYFW Well-Known Member

It’s not her fault. I’m sure that knowledge keeps her going.

6. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

It's a weird deal. I think Hillary does provoke a visceral reaction in Trump voters and allows them to tolerate his excesses that much more, knowing how much it must gnaw at Clinton.

7. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

The Dems will probably nominate someone who provokes an equal or higher degree of repulsion in 2020.

8. BadgerBeer

BadgerBeer Well-Known Member

I know people in my backwards area that are really pretty despicable in many ways. If I pointed this out I would be 100% correct. But what purpose would be served? They and their kind would dig in their heals and probably prove my point on a more regular basis. So I would be better served to take a different approach. Does that make any sense?

9. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

You mean maybe a woman or a person of color or, gasp, both? The Republican party is dominated by people whose only emotions are fear and rage. Since they're also fucking stupid, they'll hate whoever they're told to. See 1984 for details.

10. cjericho

Not really, it's kind of cryptic, but we'll take your word for it.

11. cjericho

A person of color, gasp, won two elections.

SpeedTchr likes this.
  12. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

As a kid I always figured the Dems needed someone who could appeal to GOP voters, maybe kind of southern, maybe a Vietnam vet, a man of faith - they've done all the variations and it never really mattered. Didn't matter if he hung out with guys wearing hard hats, or shooting guns, served or not, - they would always be labeled and the conservative base would swallow it whole.

Slacker likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.