1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Twirling Time

Twirling Time Well-Known Member

I suspect Haley is playing a long game, recognizing that toeing the Trump line today will wreck any aspirations of higher office she may have. And good on her.

tapintoamerica likes this.
  2. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

Some say he’s mad, others that lesser hate him
    Do call it valiant fury. But, for certain,
    He cannot buckle his distempered cause
    Within the belt of rule
    --Macbeth Act 5, Scene 2

Slacker likes this.
  3. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

If Phillip Jennings becomes a double agent (and "legal"), and a vengeful Claudia kills him, the US will blame Yuri Andropov and be angry over the death of Phillip Jennings, who was responsible for the deaths of many Americans.

Ohhhhhhkaaaaay . . . .

4. 3_Octave_Fart

3_Octave_Fart Well-Known Member

Maddow is smart as a whip.

melock, lakefront and Neutral Corner like this.
  5. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

If you look at the NDA document, it has a rider that allows Trump to sell or distribute the videos and images he's buying back when he pays the settlement. I've heard nothing about this case that leads me to believe that he and Stormy produced something that fits that scenario.

This looks like a standard boilerplate contract to settle sexual indiscretions which Cohen kept on his PC and printed out as needed. Who knows how many times he has done so covering for Trump. The fact that they have such a thing on hand to trot out as needed is very interesting.

6. 3_Octave_Fart

3_Octave_Fart Well-Known Member

That Japan segment was superb.

melock and BadgerBeer like this.
  7. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

I don't think he's going to fire her. Oh, he'll rage and posture and raise all kinds of hell, cuss her to her face, threaten to fire her, etc. She can defang him pretty easily by saying "It needed to be said. I did it and took the pressure off of you and you didn't have to say a word. I protected you." When he cools off, he's going to know that she's right. He'll never admit it, of course, but in his heart he's going to read it as a loyal aide who covered his back.

She's going to be on a shorter rope after this, though.

8. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

Good grief. Where can I get my "Former KGB/FSB/GRU lives matter" T-shirt?

9. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

White House Gift Store and Trump Towers Boutique

10. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Might have also been a little bit hacked that she was passed over for SoS. I don't know what to make of Pompeo. On the one hand, he's a Tea Party/Koch Bros GOPer and social conservative - and also first in his class at West Point and graduated law at Harvard. He's also perhaps the least wealthy of Trump's cabinet. He strikes me as someone who will yell the company line at rallies, but be more realistic and pragmatic when he has a seat at the table.

11. Slacker

Slacker Well-Known Member

You can get them in Stalingrad* if you hurry.

* YES, I KNOW ...

12. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

More Democrats likely to disavow Pelosi after Pennsylvania stunner

It would be interesting to see Pelosi announce her retirement and focus on supporting the Dems taking the majority. Pelosi has already filed to run in the primary for her House seat and I figure if she were to tap out, she would have given a heads up to her chosen successor. I do wonder if she would declare that she won't be running for Dem Leader if it would help the party take the majority.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.