1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MisterCreosote

MisterCreosote Well-Known Member

I thought mocking and being a big, mean meanie are exclusive domain of “MALs.”

2. QYFW

QYFW Well-Known Member

Oh, no, that's not mocking. That's whining and shameless hypocrisy.

3. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

From the AP ... BREAKING: US imposes sanctions on 19 Russians for alleged interference in American election, including 13 indicted by Mueller.

4. MisterCreosote

MisterCreosote Well-Known Member

I believe you believe that.

franticscribe likes this.
  5. Slacker

Slacker Well-Known Member

Sweet home, Alabama ...

Alabama Sheriff Legally Took $750,000 Meant To Feed Inmates, Bought Beach House

A sheriff in Alabama took home as personal profit more than $750,000 that was budgeted to feed jail inmates — and then purchased a $740,000 beach house, a reporter at The Birmingham News found.

And it's perfectly legal in Alabama, according to state law and local officials.

Alabama has a Depression-era law that allows sheriffs to "keep and retain" unspent money from jail food-provision accounts. Sheriffs across the state take excess money as personal income — and, in the event of a shortfall, are personally liable for covering the gap.

Etowah County Sheriff Todd Entrekin told the News that he follows that practice of taking extra money from the fund, saying, "The law says it's a personal account and that's the way I've always done it."

Sheriffs across the state do the same thing and have for decades. In most cases, the public doesn't know how much money is involved because sheriffs do not need to report extra income of less than $250,000 a year.

6. Guy_Incognito

Guy_Incognito Well-Known Member

She is awesome. I can't wait to have the chance to vote for her (pending everything else I don't yet know about her).

QYFW likes this.
  7. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

So the poor bastards in jail eat peanut butter sandwiches and are always hungry. That leads to the prisoners getting their families to deposit money in their account that they can spend in the prison store to get ramen or whatever. At the Jefferson County Jail in Birmingham, from .01 to 19.99 costs $3.95 to deposit, from $20 to $99.99 costs 7.95. That's Birmingham's county, I don't know how bad it is in some of the small counties where this racket really rakes it in.

Last edited: Mar 15, 2018
  8. Neutral Corner

9. Neutral Corner

10. Neutral Corner

11. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

First the coup, then the chaos, then the bloodshed.

12. Slacker

Slacker Well-Known Member

Things are getting worse faster than I can lower my standards.

heyabbott and Neutral Corner like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.