1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

I would like to know what language that post is in and if someone could translate. Think Rosetta Stone might be of use there?

2. SpeedTchr

SpeedTchr Well-Known Member

Ur an asshole.

3. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

This has been anti-aborts' newest cheap emotional slogan, about how Iceland is committing "genocide" against Down Syndrome fetuses.

And like their other talking points, it's pure bullshit.

For one thing, Iceland has no government policy requiring Down Syndrome fetuses to be aborted, contraire to what anti-abort propagandists say. What they do have is testing, which women are allowed to have, that tell if her fetus has Down. And, she has the option of terminating the pregnancy if she wishes. An option. You know, a choice. Nobody is aiming a gun at her head, or marching her to a concentration camp if she refuses. Will, of course, doesn't want to get into the fact that women are choosing themselves, nor does he dare say that he's calling for women to not be allowed the testing and be forced to not have full informed consent.

Oh, and numbers. They make it out like Iceland is this huge country, and, well, it ain't. Iceland has a total population of roughly 330,000, which is about the number in Lexington, Kentucky (no word how good their basketball team is). They give birth to roughly 4,500 babies a year, hardly a gigantic amount, so there aren't that many Down fetuses anyways. One or two of them born have Down. If there was a 90 percent abortion rate for fetuses with Down in that country (in the U.S. it's about 67 percent or so), then we're talking here between 9-18 abortions for fetuses with Down.

Or, for more perspective, at worst, one Florida school shooting each year. So where's all the anti-aborts' outrage over the weapons which are causing that?

4. Twirling Time

Twirling Time Well-Known Member

I doubt there will be riots when Trump fires Mueller (the “if” seems moot at this point). However, I could see a record swing in Congress in November. Has a 100-seat swing ever happened in the House?

5. SnarkShark

SnarkShark Well-Known Member

Fuck off, whichever banned gremlin from the past you are.

6. ChickenDinner

ChickenDinner New Member

the fuckin abortion threadjackets need to stop.
    it gets personal when qwerts and stainedshirt tell us were awful peeps for not been in agreement with them
    fuck them. they need some fucking self-reflection before preaching.
    conservative, liberal, your fukin lives are dumpster fires of you re own creation

Last edited: Mar 18, 2018
  7. lakefront

lakefront Well-Known Member

I can't even understand it.

8. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

Can Putin match Xi Jinping's 100% vote total today?

HanSenSE likes this.
  9. melock

melock Well-Known Member

10. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

First time I went to Atlanta, saw the Threadjackets play the Bulldogs. Great game. Went into overtime.

11. typefitter

typefitter Well-Known Member

I think that Iron Stache dude has a real chance against this putz.

Neutral Corner, lakefront and garrow like this.
  12. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

In honor of your thoughtful recognition of today's presidential election, a little history lesson I've been saving for a while:

Once upon a time, in 1999, Russia had a new Prime Minister (heir to President Yeltsin) named Yevgeny Primakov.

Washington didn't like Primakov. (Falsely) feared he was a front man for a Communist government that would take over when Yeltsin's term was up. Nope, that's no good. He has to go.

Washington instructed the IMF to cut off its loans to the Kremlin as long as Primakov was there and instructed Yeltsin that a more "suitable" PM was needed. So Primakov was ousted, the loans resumed, and shortly thereafter the Clinton administration had its man installed: a 47-year-old, semi-retired former KGB officer named Vladimir Putin.

Let it sink in. Vladimir Putin: Made by the USA.

Not surprisingly, when Putin was elected president in 2000, the Clinton administration hailed it as Russia's "first ever democratic transition of power.'' Amazing what we say when we THINK we're backing another ass kisser.

But remember: We always tell the truth. We don't meddle. And when we do, it's only for a good cause.

Happy Russian election day, everyone!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.