1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. QYFW

QYFW Well-Known Member

Yes. He was able to get his hands on a gun because of failures like this. Over and over on multiple levels. If anyone has "blood on its hands," it's these authorities that failed to act repeatedly.

2. typefitter

typefitter Well-Known Member

Whatever you say. If you can't see how the existence of the instrument is a factor here, there isn't much I can do to convince you.

BadgerBeer and Smallpotatoes like this.
  3. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

What authority is there to take legally acquired and legally possessed firearms from someone? Especially if they have a constitutional right to have the firerms.

4. QYFW

QYFW Well-Known Member

I mean, if that's your tack, then the Big Bang is ultimately to blame.

5. typefitter

Sure thing. I'm going to watch the golf.

6. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

If the NRA wants people on the no fly list to be able to purchase and possess guns why would someone who is discharged from mental health treatment be prevented from exercising Constitutional rights.

7. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

Blame is still not indivisible. If I could rid one dumb-person thought from the world, it would be the idea that blame cannot be assigned to more than one party.

TowelWaver likes this.
  8. typefitter

The average plane crash requires seven different things to go wrong in exactly the right (or wrong) order. Remove any of those things, or change their order of occurrence, and the plane lands safely. That has always stuck with me.

Smallpotatoes likes this.
  9. SpeedTchr

SpeedTchr Well-Known Member

This is going to sound like pure whataboutism (because it is), but if a teen stole a vehicle and plowed into a crowd of his schoolmates, killing many, would you blame the availability of vehicles, or the asshole who committed the crime?

10. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

Outside of a white supremacist rally, how often does this happen vs. a mass shooting?

melock likes this.
  11. Smallpotatoes

Smallpotatoes Well-Known Member

Get back to me when you can drive an AR-15 to work.

12. QYFW

QYFW Well-Known Member

We could cut the vehicle fatality rate to zero by getting rid of vehicles.

SpeedTchr likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.