1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. typefitter

typefitter Well-Known Member

I haven't had that conversation, and I'm sure it's difficult. I also believe I will have that conversation if my dad's most recent accident—thus implying he has had more than one—involved him falling asleep at the wheel. He could kill himself. He could also wipe out a 6-year-old on a bike. I wouldn't want to live with that.

Hard conversations are sometimes necessary.

2. Slacker

Slacker Well-Known Member

<snort>

3. typefitter

typefitter Well-Known Member

Wrong thread, buddy. The cocaine is over on the Journalism Board.

4. Slacker

Thanks, skipper. Looks like I got derailed.

5. Guy_Incognito

Guy_Incognito Well-Known Member

Should all gun owners have to pay NRA dues?

RickStain likes this.
  6. Slacker

Go ahead, Fat Boy. Bring it on ...

Donald Trump sure looks like he is planning to fire Robert Mueller

Trump's lawyers have repeatedly insisted that the President has no plans to fire Mueller. But, everything coming out of the White House in the wake the firing of Secretary of State Rex Tillerson is that only Trump knows his mind. And that anyone who makes predictions about what Trump is thinking or will do is guessing.

Yes, firing Mueller would likely be political suicide by Trump.

"If he tried to do that, that would be the beginning of the end of his presidency," predicted South Carolina GOP Sen. Lindsey Graham, who appeared on CNN's "State of the Union" Sunday. "The only reason that Mr. Mueller could be dismissed is for cause. I see no cause when it comes to Mr. Mueller."

7. Deskgrunt50

Deskgrunt50 Well-Known Member

I'll believe the spineless, complicit republican fucks when they actually DO something, not just talk about it.

Baron Scicluna, Slacker and HanSenSE like this.
  8. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

It's the same dog and pony show we saw during the Obama administration. A lot of talk but no action. Or inaction. You want to protect Mueller, have a bill ready to go to the floor when the gavel comes down tomorrow. While you're at it, introduce the bill you've been thinking and praying about since the Parkland shooting. And tell Kennedy to take his dogs on planes bill for a long walk.

Baron Scicluna likes this.
  9. Slacker

Good point there.

10. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

Exactly. They always talk a good game. But when it comes to the voting part of the job, they shrivel like the pathetic, NRA-controlled, Trump-loving, Klan-sympathizing lot they are.

11. SnarkShark

SnarkShark Well-Known Member

It’s that simple. If one of your family members is a danger to themselves and others behind the wheel, you have an obligation to take action.

Dude, who cares if it’s difficult? Lives are literally at stake.

Seriously, what the fuck? Am I losing my mind?
    Ah, I don’t know, grandpa can’t drive, but it might be uncomfortable to talk to him about it, so I guess I’ll just have to hope he doesn’t fall asleep behind the wheel and kill some pedestrians.

12. Twirling Time

Twirling Time Well-Known Member

Trump can only hope that precedent continues whereas a sitting president isn't historically indicted. Didn't help his buddy Bibi much.

I for one would love a 2-for-1 indictment in 2019 where Trump & Pence are cast out and New Speaker Pelosi, with a congressional majority, becomes president. #ConservativeTears

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.