1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

Is the federal governmented allowed to research vehicle deaths?

2. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

My high school and college classmates would probably burst out laughing if they were contacted to see if there was any interesting sexual dirt surrounding me.

3. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

The federal government can research anything it wants.

My post was in response to a few posts questioning car/gun correlation on this thread.

4. RickStain

Your response indicates you don't understand the issue.

Gun research is decades out of date because conservatives have threatened to strip funding from federal agencies that conduct any research on the matter. Cars do not. So already there, we see a way in which guns are less regulated than cars.

5. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

The left...the left...the left....the left...

Your reliance on repeating those two words is what is truly obvious. It makes me think of this.

6. lakefront

lakefront Well-Known Member

No, that is backwards, it is the right that is suppose to be the moral ones. I know because that is what they have always told us. That is the larger point. The left has not claimed a moral superiority, the right has, and have claimed to be superior because of it. They have failed miserably and deserve all the crap they get for it.

7. Songbird

No, the point of the my link is that posters were basically making fun of the guns/cars chatter.

I simply found a link -- first one to appear -- in which cars and guns are discussed.

There was no deeper meaning on my part.

8. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

Of course it has.

On same-sex marriage. On abortion. On the death penalty. On criminal justice reform. On equal pay.

Should I go on?

9. Songbird

Both sides believe they are morally better than the other side.

10. lakefront

lakefront Well-Known Member

Unlike trump, they will be busy for the most part, working. They will have the benefit of not hearing all the day to day b.s. Obama laughed when someone mentioned trump would watch tv. I think they stay away from that outside baloney.

11. RickStain

I absolutely claim the moral superiority of the left. AINEC

12. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

To the specific issue at hand - heterosexual marital infidelity - that was pretty much a straightup moneymaker for the historical right.

Party of family values and so forth.

BadgerBeer and lakefront like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.