1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SpeedTchr

SpeedTchr Well-Known Member

Oh, absolutely. Not a good look at any point for a LEO to snooze on duty.

I got canned as a night watchman in college for sleeping in my car on duty. Shit, it was cold outside, I was tired of drunk girls puking on my shoes, and I had a sweet Lionel Richie cassette in the player. Got a righteous couple hours in before my supervisor scared the shart out of me by banging on my window.

QYFW likes this.
  2. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

First read about Cambridge Analytica a year ago in The New Yorker. Honestly, if you want to know what is going to be the big story in the months ahead, the New Yorker knows right now.

"(Robert) Mercer also invested some five million dollars in Cambridge Analytica, a firm that mines online data to reach and influence potential voters. The company has said that it uses secret psychological methods to pinpoint which messages are the most persuasive to individual online viewers. The firm, which is the American affiliate of Strategic Communication Laboratories, in London, has worked for candidates whom Mercer has backed, including Trump. It also reportedly worked on the Brexit campaign, in the United Kingdom.

Alexander Nix, the C.E.O. of the firm, says that it has created “profiles”—consisting of several thousand data points—for two hundred and twenty million Americans. In promotional materials, S.C.L. has claimed to know how to use such data to wage both psychological and political warfare. “Persuading somebody to vote a certain way,” Nix has said publicly, “is really very similar to persuading 14- to 25-year-old boys in Indonesia to not join Al Qaeda.” Some critics suggest that, at this point, Cambridge Analytica’s self-promotion exceeds its effectiveness. But Jonathan Albright, an assistant professor of communications at Elon University, in North Carolina, recently published a paper, on Medium, calling Cambridge Analytica a “propaganda machine"

3. DanOregon

So you finally complete the long road and become a U.S. Citizen. They still make you watch this video.

4. britwrit

britwrit Well-Known Member

The police in London get dismissed all the time for stuff American cops wouldn't blink twice at. Calling in sick when not. Using their ID card to travel free on a train a few times.

One cop was up on charges recently for taking another officer's can of biscuits.

QYFW likes this.
  5. Slacker

Slacker Well-Known Member

Not a d_b, is it?

Donald Trump Jr. Reportedly Had an Affair with Celebrity Apprentice Cast Member Aubrey O’Day

It’s the Trump family-Danity Kane crossover news the world has been waiting for: Donald Trump Jr. reportedly had an affair with Aubrey O’Day. According to Us Weekly,which confirmed the news with multiple anonymous sources, Trump and the former Celebrity Apprentice cast member met while filming the reality series, with their relationship spanning from the end of 2011 to March 2012.

According to a source close to O’Day, Trump had told her that he was separating from his wife, Vanessa, and that he no longer loved her, “all of that stuff.”

“Aubrey fell for him hard,” said the source. “She thought they were going to be together for real.”

[​IMG]

6. QYFW

QYFW Well-Known Member

What a dick.

7. SpeedTchr

SpeedTchr Well-Known Member

Shame they don't still have the death penalty, especially if it was a box of jaffa cakes.

8. DanOregon

It's kind of sad that when you look at the Trump White House as a reality show, it makes all the sense in the world. Who is fighting with who, who is on the outs, who is cheating with who, which couple are breaking up, and Trump's Twitter feed is the awkward cut away narration you see about how and why things went down the way they did.

I'm kind of surprised nobody has taken the bait and done a daily "recap" like they do with other shows.

"Today's episode opened with a road trip! But it was only down the street. Prez headed to raise some money for the GOP and boy did he! $32 mil KA-ching! Unlike his recent roadie tp PA - he kept it kind of chill with only passing references to "low-IQ" Maxine and Nancy.
    Elsewhere, things were heating up as Don Jr.'s break-up continued to make news. Apparently, he was getting cozy with past Apprentice contestant Aubrey O'Day. She actually thought it might have been meant to be. I guess she didn't notice the ring. Whoops. Now that he's free, do you think Don Jr. and Aubrey might have have a round two? She probably has a better chance with a white-horned Rhino....or a white RINO (which I hear still DO exist).
    Stormy passed a lie-detector test and another former flame is making moves and noise to speak out about her past with the Prez. This is a Jerry Springer Show waiting to happen.
    Finally, let's talk about The Phone Call. Prez shined on his staffers and did what he does. He dialed up his old bud Vlad to give him props on his election win. Looks like this bromance isn't ending anytime soon."

Last edited: Mar 21, 2018
  9. Just the facts ma am

Just the facts ma am Well-Known Member

"Former Cambridge Analytica contractor and now-professional whistleblower Christopher Wylie told CNN that while at the company he helped build a “psychological warfare weapon” to “exploit mental vulnerabilities that our algorithms showed that [Facebook users] had.”

So, in other words, he worked in the advertising business."

http://thefederalist.com/2018/03/20...anic-is-the-silliest-russia-scare-conspiracy/

10. cjericho

cjericho Well-Known Member

11. Slacker

Slacker Well-Known Member

What horrible presentation. All that's missing is a commandant's uniform.

And stop barking!

Last edited: Mar 21, 2018
  12. Deskgrunt50

Deskgrunt50 Well-Known Member

I don’t care who Trump fucked. Five minutes
    ago or 20 years ago.

This stuff helps him with his cult. It’s his dumbass supporters sitting at the strip bar who believe the stripper is REALLY into him. It’s not about his money. They think she (he) is HOT and can’t wait until her shift is over so she can go home with him.

That’s where we are. A bunch of cult members (including congressional republicans) who still
    believe the stripper is into them.

All that matters is money laundering and influence from foreign governments. And that will likely be what ends this farce.

All this is awful. The best thing? Evangelicals have lost their influence forever. Never again will they have the “moral” high ground. They are done as influence peddlers. And, as as nation, we will be better off. They aren’t about “God.” They’re about politics. Fuck em.

Anyone want to argue they would be saying the same thing if Trump was a “D” instead of an “R?”

Try and fail.

Baron Scicluna and lakefront like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.