1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 3_Octave_Fart

3_Octave_Fart Well-Known Member

He wants to be a war president. Surely no one expected he didn't want to be.
    This is the guy who will help make that happen.

2. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

50/50 we end up on the wrong side of a war involving UN troops.

BadgerBeer and poindexter like this.
  3. QYFW

QYFW Well-Known Member

The finances of the powers that be in D.C. will never be imperiled.

DanielSimpsonDay likes this.
  4. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

Between Dowd leaving and Bolton joining the team, it should be crystal clear Trump is going to take a hard line on Mueller and the North Koreans. Tighten your batting helmet.

5. QYFW

QYFW Well-Known Member

Has to be one or two things in that book that are true. Wolff is a hack’s hack.

6. 3_Octave_Fart

I bought the book for my mother and skimmed it over a lunch.
    The book is trash but I think it wouldn't have raised as much hell as it did were it all BS.

7. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

And Trump's approval ratings will improve. That's what it's about.

HanSenSE likes this.
  8. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Yeah - with Col. Bone Spurs and his new NSA who isn't exactly Patton.
    John Bolton: The squawking of a chickenhawk
    "Bolton was at Yale during Vietnam. Unlike almost everyone there, he supported the war. As did fellow Yalie George W. Bush. And like Bush, when it came time to back up his tough talk, he walked -– joining the National Guard.
    "I confess I had no desire to die in a Southeast Asian rice paddy," Bolton wrote of his decision in his Yale 25th reunion book. "I considered the war in Vietnam already lost."
    Which is fine; everyone made choices then. What's the point in rehashing it?
    There's just one caveat: Bolton's choice -– like the ones made by Bush and by Dick Cheney -- should disqualify him and others like him from ever sending other young men and women to die in similar circumstances. Or from offering an opinion on the subject."

Slacker likes this.
  9. melock

melock Well-Known Member

10. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

What was the quote from that scratch-and-sniff this afternoon: I had lots of positive stories written about me until I became president?

11. 3_Octave_Fart

12. Deskgrunt50

Deskgrunt50 Well-Known Member

Once again, thanks so much to all the voters with "economic anxiety" and to the ones who threw away their vote. Or didn't bother to vote.

Mueller needs to work faster.

And, does Trump realize that even if he fires Mueller, the investigation doesn't stop? And it's the one thing that might actually hurt him with GOPers in Congress?

BadgerBeer likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.