1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lakefront

lakefront Well-Known Member

I check out fox now and then, it is like being on another planet.

2. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

No. Not equal. Not equal. Not equal. Not equal.

It's never going to be equal. The world doesn't work in perfect parallels all the time. Or even most of the time.

It's just something to consider. It does tend to help the credibility of the Commander in Chief sending kids off to war if he has some experience in it, whether he voluntarily enlisted or was dragged into the fight.

3. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

Trump could have multiple medals of honor and war invading North Korea would still be dumb

4. daemon

daemon Well-Known Member

It's kind of interesting that half of our major wars since the dawn of the 20th century were entered by presidents who either had no military service (Wilson in WWI, FDR in WWII) or served stateside during combat (Bush). H.W. (Persian Gulf), Truman (Korea), JFK/LBJ (Vietnam) all served.

5. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

The guy on the left is Peter Tuchman. He’s the most photographed guy on the floor of the NYSE. A million variations of that photo have been taken over the years. I am not sure exactly what he does, but he’s been there forever. I think he got his start trading shares for Cornelius Vanderbilt when the exchange was still on the curb outside.

6. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

It's been 17 years since 9/11. I think it'd be harder to whip up enthusiasm for a war of aggression, but the "U-S-A" crowd is a large one.

7. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

That is an accident of timing, nothing more. Either you were of military age in a time of national mobilization like World War II or you weren't.

8. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

9. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

They'll find some pretext. They'll send some US soldiers "accidentally" over the North Korean border, let them get captured or killed, then whip up more emotional bullshit outrage over it and off goes the next generation of our children to get killed while trump and Co. give nice rich contracts to their pals in the name of patriotism.

HanSenSE likes this.
  10. DanielSimpsonDay

DanielSimpsonDay Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

11. melock

melock Well-Known Member

12. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.