1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

He was also very much an "anti-Bush" candidate and won over many voters who feel they had been duped by the GOP the last 15 years when they talk a lot of stuff, but never gets things done or are honest with their voters. There are four legs to the GOP - Immigration, Defense Hawks, Evangelical, and Big Business. Given his rhetoric, he had no business getting more than the immigration voters.

2. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

Who may have been a larger group than anyone could have imagined.

3. QYFW

QYFW Well-Known Member

Once he won the nomination, most Republicans were willing to give him a chance because, well, that’s how politics works.

There were always the Never Trumpers plus a lot of conservatives who didn’t align with Never Trumpers but also didn’t support Trump and didn’t expect much (the National Review wing).

Democrats elected him.

My guess is that the number of Trump Democrats has decreased and the number of NR Republicans has increased. The only way he gets re-elected is if the Democrats put up a candidate worse than Hillary.

Certainly possible.

4. Smallpotatoes

Smallpotatoes Well-Known Member

When these kids are older and have kids of their own, what, if anything, do you think they'll know that they don't know now? Do you think any of them may regret what they're doing now?

5. Slacker

Slacker Well-Known Member

Not really, of course. Trump did beat Jill Stein, though. In a landslide!

And it was beautiful. Just beautiful. Everyone was talking. All the best people, and TV ratings off the charts. Ask anyone!

Last edited: Mar 25, 2018
  6. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

The Post ran another "ranking the top 15 Democrats" and I read it thinking, "The actual nominee is not on the list, will be someone no one is thinking about yet."

Bernie was No. 1 and if that's the best the Dems can do, they deserve to get beat again. I just hope someone puts up a credible (and successful) primary challenge on the other side. I read about some young conservative, from Oklahoma maybe, name escapes me because that happens to me all the time now (I'll have to search and find it). Anyway, he seemed to be more of a traditional conservative and one I think could gain a ton of support on both sides. Hell, I even liked him.

7. QYFW

QYFW Well-Known Member

8. Moderator1

9. QYFW

QYFW Well-Known Member

Lankford? He’s young by Senator standards but he’s 50

10. QYFW

QYFW Well-Known Member

11. Moderator1

Is he legit or just a young guy making noise?

12. QYFW

QYFW Well-Known Member

Going to take him jumping into the fire to find out. He made a name for himself on social media, but you know how that shit can be. Not exactly the real world.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.