1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Smallpotatoes

Smallpotatoes Well-Known Member

I know. If only they had just sucked it up and gotten on with their lives.

2. BadgerBeer

BadgerBeer Well-Known Member

I understand this but I guess I had hoped this board would be better. Not sure why I thought that.

Smallpotatoes likes this.
  3. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

Ernesto Guevara held an M.D. Nothing says "First, do no harm" like shooting bound prisoners in the head.

He was scum.

4. Neutral Corner

Aw, hell, I imagine damn near all of us wore clothes that the adults thought were funny looking at some point.

5. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

Has anyone worn a Che Guevera shirt since the 90s?

6. 3_Octave_Fart

3_Octave_Fart Well-Known Member

I see them all the time.
    Che was a brigand and an asshole.

7. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

'90s? How about the early '70s? I mean as a political statement, not an ironic fashion choice. For that matter, there weren't many worn in the '60s. I was there and I remember. It's far enough away now so it's like the Roaring Twenties. In the public imagination it's all bootleg gin, gangsters with tommy guns and flappers. It's always print the legend not the fact.

8. JC

JC Well-Known Member

That's what they do in Mother Russia.

9. Neutral Corner

10. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

11. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

I'm reminded of the time, at one stop in the 90s, we did a campus fashions story and featured a male student with spiked hair and grungy jeans. and used a female student dressed more traditionally as the secondary shot. Yeah, we got letters and calls wondering how we could promote a look like that. We also got one letter pointing out the male student, with his grades, could pretty much name the college he wanted to go to.

12. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

They're smart enough to know they don't live in a democracy. We foolishly believe we do. ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.