1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Slacker

Slacker Well-Known Member

He's also loaded, I'd imagine. Read his Wiki page. ... He's also a race-car driver. Nice life.

Michael Avenatti - Wikipedia

2. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

Here's your next drip.

If the arbitration was agreed on as being between Trump and Stormy per the wording, and Trump did not sign the agreement, how can the arbitration agreement be binding?

There is more to this doc, I just grabbed the first page. This kind of thing is how he keeps the discussion going. New headlines.

3. Neutral Corner

4. Neutral Corner

Dick, does this scan correctly to you?

5. Neutral Corner

This looks like the story of the day, and I don't recall anyone talking about it here. Mueller got a guilty plea from Alex van der Zwaan, a London lawyer, who testified that he was witness to contact with Rick Gates and Konstantin Kilimnik, a longtime associate of Paul Manafort's who was a "retired" member of the GRU, Russian's military intelligence arm. He also reportedly has tapes of phone conversations. Frankly, I'm curious about the circumstances where his GRU past would even come up.

Mueller team reveals Manafort business associate’s connection to Russian intel service

Inky_Wretch likes this.
  6. Slacker

Forgot to mention this earlier. Can't imagine that this nugget, if true, would surprise anyone ...

(Later during the debate, she repeated a report that the president was seriously considering vetoing the spending legislation, but after White House chief of staff John Kelly explained that such a veto would mean missing his planned weekend at Mar-a-Lago, Trump said “f--- it!” and signed the bill instead.)

Inky_Wretch likes this.
  7. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

I can’t believe y’all go on and on about stormy Daniels.

8. HC

HC Well-Known Member

Really? It's politics and sex ... two of the favourite topics here. It's like SJ Christmas.

HanSenSE likes this.
  9. Neutral Corner

If Stormy's case can get him under oath for discovery there's no telling what Avenatti will come up with. He gets a crack at Trump and Cohen for two hours each. The bonus is that Trump under oath is a 50-50 shot at his perjuring himself.

I used to think that the women might have a better chance of taking Trump down, but Mueller is doing very well, best I can tell. He might be moving a lot faster than we expected to be possible.

Last edited: Mar 28, 2018
  10. 3_Octave_Fart

3_Octave_Fart Well-Known Member

The sex is by far the least interesting aspect of it.

lakefront and Neutral Corner like this.
  11. Neutral Corner

And Stormy really isn't playing it up. If anything she's minimizing it, saying that it was quick, perfunctory, and that she was in no way a victim of anything but her own stupidity in going to his room alone.

12. Slacker

And a judge will decide the deposition and trial/arbitration issues on April 30, correct?

That's a lot of time for President TwitterBomb to stew while this gets batted around every day in the media. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.