1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Corky Ramirez up on 94th St.

Corky Ramirez up on 94th St. Well-Known Member

I had to read four pages of this thread before I realized this was an actual quote by the sitting president of the United States.

"Grape Nuts ... you open it up, no grapes, no nuts! What's the deal?"

HanSenSE, Hermes, Fred siegle and 4 others like this.
  2. DanielSimpsonDay

DanielSimpsonDay Well-Known Member

The compassion leaps from the screen.

3. Slacker

Slacker Well-Known Member

Scary stuff for Infrastructure (!) Week ...

A Cyberattack Hobbles Atlanta, and Security Experts Shudder

Atlanta’s municipal government has been brought to its knees since Thursday morning by a ransomware attack — one of the most sustained and consequential cyberattacks ever mounted against a major American city.

The digital extortion aimed at Atlanta, which security experts have linked to a shadowy hacking crew known for its careful selection of targets, laid bare once again the vulnerabilities of governments as they rely on computer networks for day-to-day operations. In a ransomware attack, malicious software cripples a victim’s computer or network and blocks access to important data until a ransom is paid to unlock it.

“We are dealing with a hostage situation,” Mayor Keisha Lance Bottoms said this week.

The assault on Atlanta, the core of a metropolitan area of about six million people, represented a serious escalation from other recent cyberattacks on American cities, like one last year in Dallas where hackers gained the ability to set off tornado sirens in the middle of the night.

4. QYFW

QYFW Well-Known Member

Oh, please. Forcing kids to push your radical agenda is not compassionate. The “adults” around Hogg aren’t doing him any favors.

5. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

6. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Eh, when you've heard one blonde conservative talking head, you've heard them all.

Twirling Time likes this.
  7. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Take it to the "Things I Miss In Sports" thread.

lakefront likes this.
  8. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

9. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

If we get to the point of a shooting war (as opposed to the cyber one we are in) with Russia, I hope you don’t wind up in an internment camp.

10. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

If that was his point, he made it poorly and you're trying to prop him up.

11. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

This post is just as bad as QYFW or YankeeFan start rambling on about "the left."

Inky_Wretch likes this.
  12. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

In the spirit of Holy Week, I’m going to put the toilet seat down.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.