1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

lakefront likes this.
  2. Hermes

Hermes Well-Known Member

What year are those people living in? 2010?

3. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

This whole "sniff test" thing with you is weird. Basically, it gives you license to believe *anything* you make up or someone else makes up, so long as you have an emotional reaction to the rebuttal.

Ostracization is not bullying.

Her: "This kid showed extreme violent tendencies and was a threat to us all, so we didn't want to hang out with him"

Despicable people: They bullied him!

It's bullshit. It's evil bullshit. Anyone who indulges it even for a minute should be deeply ashamed of themselves on a fundamental level.

4. BadgerBeer

BadgerBeer Well-Known Member

I am not sure if you are being sarcastic or not. In your "apology" post earlier, were you really moved by a boxer that says his kid had never seen Hogg in the school? Are you actually questioning if he is a student at the school? And as far as the video of him practicing his speech, is that not what one should be doing? Have I been doing it wrong all these years? Because I run my lines past people and practice nearly every time I speak publicly.

If the "problem" is that adults are helping high school students tighten their speech/message to an entire country, I don't know what to say. I would hope that would be the case. I assume that this movement, which certainly started at the student level, has evolved. Is that wrong? And as far as "the lies" being told, excuse me if I don't get worked up when the modern Republican complains about anybody embellishing a bit to make a point. One might even say, Quit Your Fucking Whining!

5. RickStain

The entire "bullying causes school shootings" thing is bad enough without dipping into the outright evil of using it to attack the Parkland survivors.

Bullying does not cause mass shootings. Mass shooters are no more likely to have been bullied than the rest of the student population. Mass shooters are more likely to have been the bullies than the rest of the student population. There is only one recorded instance of a school shooter targeting someone who had bullied him, and he was planning to commit suicide anyway and was pressured into getting revenge on one person by some despicable friends. The favorite targets of school shooters are administrators and girls.

The school shooter in Parkland targeted the school because he was encouraged to do so by the neo-nazi alt-right online culture he immersed himself in. It was a school with a large Jewish population attacked by a man with swastikas carved onto his guns, who had participated in online discussions about how much he hated Jews and wanted them to die.

Turning this around into blaming the victims of the shooting is one of the most evil things I've ever seen on the internet, and I hope I live long enough to spit on the graves of anyone who participates in it.

6. RickStain

He's picking up Q's technique of being too chickenshit to outright state the conspiracy theory in mixed company, so he just hints at it and talks about how the real story feels weird.

7. BadgerBeer

BadgerBeer Well-Known Member

I don't want this to turn into whataboutism but were the board conservatives "smelling" anything strange about the Tea Party movement back in the early days? I honestly don't recall.

8. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

If bullying were the cause of mass shootings, wouldn't we see a bunch of shoot 'em ups by gay kids? People of color? Women?

qtlaw and Smallpotatoes like this.
  9. QYFW

QYFW Well-Known Member

Hmmm.

10. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

What if, like, Tulsa is in a bubble, man? Maybe those MAGA-hat types are the real smug ones. Ever think of that?

11. DanielSimpsonDay

DanielSimpsonDay Well-Known Member

[​IMG]
    only smelled like freedom from tyranny

12. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

Unless I'm mistaken, that wasn't a "speech." It was eyewitness account from the shooting, which had happened a few hours earlier. Not really something you need to rehearse for, I would think.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.