1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

At this point, I'd rather read Vombatus' jokes than deal with sp's conspiracy fights.

2. MisterCreosote

MisterCreosote Well-Known Member

3. Slacker

Slacker Well-Known Member

The language of the tinfoil conspiracy theorists is a dead giveaway ...

"If it could be explained ANY OTHER WAY i would roll with that. It cant."

"Why hasnt that person come under seige???? To defend this is sheer blasphemy and actually makes me question ones intelligence."

He did leave out "You need to check your facts and do your research," though. Maybe he was under seige [sic].

4. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

Yeah, because any discrepancy can be pounced on and lose the case. YOU have a stake in it.
    Who has a stake in how David Hogg remembers the events of 2/14 a few hours later?

A high school student who says "I thought I heard shots coming from the second floor" to CNN and "I thought I heard shots coming from the third floor" to Fox News a few hours later isn't risking anything from the little goof.

5. Smallpotatoes

Smallpotatoes Well-Known Member

I seriously doubt the rules of evidence in court are as exacting as he thinks they are. That an eyewitness may have been "coached" before a televised interview does not call into question what a guy said. Any lawyer who would dispute what an eyewitness aid for that reason would be disbarred.

6. MisterCreosote

MisterCreosote Well-Known Member

“Will you use the money to buy some fucking apostrophes?”

Smallpotatoes likes this.
  7. DanielSimpsonDay

DanielSimpsonDay Well-Known Member

MisterCreosote likes this.
  8. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

9. melock

melock Well-Known Member

10. Smallpotatoes

Smallpotatoes Well-Known Member

11. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

Why do you obsess over idiots?

SnarkShark likes this.
  12. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

Distraction, obfuscation, anything to avoid addressing the larger issue. Smart people won't fall for this deception; hence need to demand more from our citizenry to learn the facts, don't be lazy and let others think for you and tell you what to think.

Attacking survivors, why? What are you scared of? If that was your kid, is that how you want them treated? How about some respect? Decency?

Preparing for a TV appearance? Of course. What you want an emotional wreck to go on camera and just break down and stutter and let the sheer magnitude of the event play out for your entertainment just to make sure there was no rehearsal? You don't get it both ways, perfect real-time account, but wait 100% accuracy too.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.