1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lakefront

lakefront Well-Known Member

That is what I thought but it seems as those thing may have been overblown. As Maddow said, we know he was not fired because of the controversies, because pruitt and carson are still on the job.

2. lakefront

I think that too!!!! I wonder who these lightweights are that are suppose to be giving the other side of the argument. So glad you confirmed that.

3. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Fox and its cohorts have gotten soft. That's why the Parkland kids freak out the professional right. The kids are not intimidated, and have no interest in the DC elite "can't we all get along?" bullshit. They're mad, and they know how to use the media to convey that. Ingraham has been a piece of shit for 30 years. Now she's finding out what happens when the hunter becomes the game.

4. Smallpotatoes

Smallpotatoes Well-Known Member

And it continues:

"I came home to a kid FROM THE SCHOOL standing in btwn a group of adults explaining what happened less than 3hrs after it happened. You guys are talking about what you HEARD. I live in Parkland and have many clients in my home community. The student spoke and WE LISTENED, bcuz she was the one who needed the support. We cldnt tell her what to say bcuz we wanted to hear. The fact that you guys have such a hard time believing what you see isnt my problem. Anyone with a pulse knows something is wrong here."

Sorry pal, your personal experience on the ground near the school doesn't mean shit. You're wrong. Snopes is right. Good day.
    How's that for a response to him?

5. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

“The idea that the Republican Party should have something to say to African Americans in particular, and Hispanics somewhat subordinately, is a very important idea—not for the conservative base, but for especially the think-tank, public-intellectual side of the Republican Party,” Teles told me.

“In fact, that was sort of the genius of Trump,” Teles said. “He realized that ordinary Republicans don’t give a crap. It’s just not something that’s important to them.”

‘Compassionate Conservatism’ Won’t Be Back Anytime Soon

6. MisterCreosote

MisterCreosote Well-Known Member

You’re the only one here who actually cares what this dickhead thinks about anything.

7. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

The Administration has a layer of appointees between the cabinet secretaries and the civil servants in every department. It really isn't tough for some stuff to get leaked to make any cabinet secretary look bad. It's what happened to Tillerson, I imagine the same thing happened to Shulkin. I'm sure the replacement is a good doctor, but being a good doctor isn't what the VA needs.

8. lakefront

they cut it off...
    "There is one tweet I would like to call attention to. ‘So many signs that the Florida shooter was mentally disturbed, even expelled for bad and erratic behavior. Neighbors and classmates knew he was a big problem. Must always report such instances to authorities again and again.’ We did, time and time again. Since he was in middle school, it was no surprise to anyone who knew him to hear that he was the shooter. Those talking about how we should have not ostracized him, you didn't know this kid. Okay, we did. We know that they are claiming mental health issues, and I am not a psychologist, but we need to pay attention to the fact that this was not just a mental health issue. He would not have harmed that many students with a knife."

BadgerBeer and Smallpotatoes like this.
  9. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

Only in America.

10. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Don may be getting on in years, but he can still smell out a mark from over 100 miles away.

11. Smallpotatoes

Smallpotatoes Well-Known Member

So is it wrong to tell him his own personal experience and opinions are meaningless and Snopes' answer is the only correct one?

12. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

Don King's got game...managing to have dinner alone with Melania in the President's own resort.

Donny in his element and garrow like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.