1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

MLB 2018 regular season thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Steak Snabler, Mar 28, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

I had that thought after I posted it, but I was too lazy to go back and change it. :)

2. Hermes

Hermes Well-Known Member

Michigan State's Izzo politely asks Syracuse to stop playing zone defense

3. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

Break up the Pirates. Unbeaten and up 5-0 in the first inning against the Twins big free-agent signing.

4. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

Motherfuckers better not bunt or steal.

Machine Head likes this.
  5. Tarheel316

Tarheel316 Well-Known Member

Better not steal any signs either.

6. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

What's more important is how the Pirates' veterans will police any breaking of unwritten rules.

7. Slacker

Slacker Well-Known Member

"Yeah, and then they tried to strike us out!"

8. FileNotFound

FileNotFound Well-Known Member

"Ya know, it's kinda horseshit that they were taking pitches outside of the strike zone, even on three-ball counts. I guess they've got some good veteran leadership, and they'll take care of it internally, but they should be swinging up there."

9. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

I'm surprised more players don't bunt against the shift. How is the shift itself not frowned upon? The intentional walk?

I'm sure it isn't a coincidence that 90 percent of of the unwritten rules of baseball are to protect the pitcher who has the ability to throw a baseball 90mph at someone's head.

Last edited: Apr 2, 2018
  10. Della9250

Della9250 Well-Known Member

Not gonna lie -- i glanced at the headline and thought it said bunting for a hit during a NO-HITTER in a seven-run game. When I clicked to read the story and saw it was a one-hitter, I couldn't believe the nonsense over it.

11. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

I'm confused. Tyler Mahle has a one-hitter through five innings for the Reds with Ian Happ due to lead off in the sixth. If Happ tries to bunt for a hit, would that be inappropriate? Would veterans need to take care of things? Would Songbird lose his shit because his guy Happ should be swinging for the fences at all times?

12. Tarheel316

Tarheel316 Well-Known Member

I wouldn’t blame the Orioles if they put one in the middle of Brian Dozier’s back the next time they play.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.