1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

2. DanOregon

77 percent also think Congress is useless - except for their member of Congress.

Last edited: Apr 2, 2018
  3. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Polls that ask are you voting for A or B are lucky to be within five points of accuracy. Polls with questions requiring a degree of abstract thought from respondents are useless. Polls on knowledge show pathetic that is. One poll this decade showed that 10 percent of respondents thought Joan of Arc was Noah's wife.

4. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

5. SoloFlyer

SoloFlyer Well-Known Member

I have no legal knowledge at all, so I ask this question - Does Amazon have any legal recourse to stop Trump from influencing public perception of the company? Because it seems rather unfair and dangerous for a President to be able to wantonly attack a company.

lakefront likes this.
  6. Michael_ Gee

7. DanOregon

The guy could tank any number of stocks with his Twitter thumbs, give a heads up to various people, have them short the stock and make a nice donation to his 2020 campaign.

8. Michael_ Gee

If those folks wanted to go to prison, it's a good idea. At this point, Trump doesn't need to EXPAND the circle of people who would testify against him to save their own skins. I've said this before, but the next Democratic President will not be as likely to "look forward, not back," as Obama was. There will be prosecutions, trials and hard time for convictions.

9. Slacker

Slacker Well-Known Member

To repeat: This president is a complete fucking asshole ...

Jill McCabe: The president attacked my reputation. It’s time to set the record straight.

I am an emergency room pediatrician and an accidental politician — someone who never thought much about politics until I was recruited to run for state office after making a statement about the importance of expanding Medicaid. That decision — plus some twisted reporting and presidential tweets — ended up costing my husband, Andrew, his job and our family a significant portion of his pension my husband had worked hard for over 21 years of federal service. For the past year and a half of this nightmare, I have not been free to speak out about what happened. Now that Andrew has been fired, I am. ...

After the 2016 election, I thought for a while that it was all over — at least now that President-elect Trump won, he would stop coming after us. How naive that was. After then-FBI Director James B. Comey was fired, we knew that Andrew could be the next target of the president’s wrath.

Then the president started tweeting about how the contributions to my campaign made it clear that Andrew (and all the senior leadership at the FBI) were corrupt and that he should be removed. It went one step further in the days before Christmas, when the president made threats related to my husband’s retirement.

To have my personal reputation and integrity and those of my family attacked this way is beyond horrible. It feels awful every day. It keeps me up nights. I made the decision to run for office because I was trying to help people. Instead, it turned into something that was used to attack our family, my husband’s career and the entire FBI.

Nothing can prepare you for what happens when your life is turned upside down by current events. Nothing prepares you for conversations you have to have with your teenage children. Nothing prepares you for the news crews staking out your house, your back yard, your place of business. Nothing prepares you for the fear you feel every time you receive a package from a stranger.

I have spent countless hours trying to understand how the president and so many others can share such destructive lies about me. Ultimately I believe it somehow never occurred to them that I could be a serious, independent-minded physician who wanted to run for office for legitimate reasons. They rapidly jumped to the conclusion that I must be corrupt, as part of what I believe to be an effort to vilify us to suit their needs.

10. SpeedTchr

SpeedTchr Well-Known Member

11. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

12. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.