1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Todd Marinovich, the Happy Ending

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by qtlaw, Dec 14, 2011.

1. PCLoadLetter

PCLoadLetter Well-Known Member

Really? You guys are questioning the Boom and 21 "meet cute" at a restaurant before a game? I'm stunned.

2. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

Batman's epic "Vin Scully helps bury a hooker in the Nevada desert" post was more believable than that

FileNotFound likes this.
  3. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

Was that the story?

But if it's fake, why? What the hell would be the end game there? Trick a bunch of people you don't know into thinking you're a real-life couple?

4. typefitter

typefitter Well-Known Member

Why does anybody catfish anybody? I love the idea that they're the same person. I want that to be true.

My memory of it is very, very sketchy, but I'm pretty sure one or both of them stood me up at the White Horse. That's when I started getting suspicious.

5. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

They met at some Bronx bar before a game during the 2002 playoffs.

6. cjericho

cjericho Well-Known Member

Didn't she allude to how hot she was. Didn't he say how hot she was. Maybe she wasn't that hot and liked the attention.
    You act like it's so hard to understand. Why do people catfish. To trick people you don't know.

7. typefitter

Wasn't he supposed to be a Hummer-driving, monied ex-football pro or something? Who was also extremely well read but couldn't write a complete sentence? I remember thinking if he were real, half the board must know who he is.

8. Dick Whitman

@CD Boogie apparently knows who he is, which started this tangent.

9. PCLoadLetter

PCLoadLetter Well-Known Member

They bumped into each other -- literally -- at some landmark NYC bar/restaurant. They started talking and realized they were 21 and Boom! It was precious!

And Boom spent all of his time here fucking around, frequently just seeing if he could annoy semi-famous people until they left the board. This wouldn't even rank on the list of pointless shit Boom did here. (And that's assuming Boom was anything beyond someone's online character.)

10. typefitter

He only THINKS he knows. We're through the looking glass, people.

11. Dick Whitman

Boom would write something like, "Mark Sanchez directed a nice drive in the second quarter yesterday," and I'd be sitting here thinking, "OK, what the fuck is his angle here?"

LongTimeListener and poindexter like this.
  12. cjericho

cjericho Well-Known Member

Yes he had a Hummer, or at least said he did. CDBoogie, did he?
    When gas was close to $5 a gallon in NY he talked about filling up and driving it, ruffled some feathers here.

Draft saved Draft deleted