1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Todd Marinovich, the Happy Ending

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by qtlaw, Dec 14, 2011.

1. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

I don't consider anything done with the intention of pissing the "Good Doctor" off was an "asshole move." I think it was necessary for the good of humanity.

outofplace likes this.
  2. CD Boogie

CD Boogie Well-Known Member

Not familiar with them.

3. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

4. cjericho

cjericho Well-Known Member

So you didn't work with Boom?

5. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

False alarm.

6. CD Boogie

No, I did. Same shop for many years though I wasn’t always in sports then.

7. cjericho

He didn't have a Hummer? It would be great if he drove a Prius, remember he used to get some people fired up when he talked about not
    giving a shit about having a gas guzzler.

8. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

This thread got really weird.
    Boom, if I recall, never claimed to be in the business and never posted any links to his "work."

9. PCLoadLetter

PCLoadLetter Well-Known Member

Board squabbles like that are just sort of bewildering to me, but that's not what I'm talking about.

Boom would realize a poster was someone he'd heard of and he'd just fuck with them until they left. It was pathetic.

10. cjericho

Wish Lupica actually came here. How long would it take Boom to drive that guy away? Would probably be the most epic 30 minutes
    in message board history.

11. CD Boogie

Well if it wasn’t the same dude I worked with, then he was randomly hawking a preps website that he had launched. I went back and read a few of his SJ posts to confirm my suspicions and they all lined up.

I don’t think I visited here for a few years afterwards so I didn’t follow him further. But he’s definitely in the biz.

12. cjericho

What was the name of the site? if that doesn't break outing rules I'd like to read it.

Draft saved Draft deleted