1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. justgladtobehere

justgladtobehere Well-Known Member

Every tea-leaf reading, wishcasting article about indictments of know nothings or ties to somebody who once spoke to a Russian gets posted, but one news item slightly helpful to Trump doesn't. Just found that interesting.

2. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

The official Vote Leave Campaign headed by Boris Johnson and Michael Gove had identical and parallel connections to the Canadian company, Aggregate IQ, set up by Cambridge Analytica’s parent company, Strategic Communications Laboratories (SCL), a hitherto government and NATO defence contractor owned by Robert Mercer and involved in psychological warfare.

For some reason it seems that John Cusack will be in the movie.

3. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

I wonder how Trump will be able to react to this. At first glance, at least to the short-attention span folks like him, it makes Trump look good.

But it's the libruhl Amazon Washington Post that is doing the reporting.

That sound you're hearing on Pennsylvania Avenue is Trump's head exploding.

4. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

To me, the big news in that story was that Mueller is preparing a report on his investigation which he wishes made public. This puts both Rosenstein (who'd have to certify the report was important enough to release) and the Republicans in Congress (who'd have to vote to release it or to suppress it) in an awful bind. Also, the chances a suppressed report would leak anyway are nontrivial.

5. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

Again, given that the likely source of this story was someone in the White House, how seriously are we supposed to take this?

6. melock

melock Well-Known Member

Fantastic ad. John Faso is toast.

7. melock

melock Well-Known Member

And whoever had 11:05 a.m. in the pool of when Trumpy would mention MLK you win whatever was in the pot. Of course he couldn't just post a tweet. He had to post a video, too. I can't listen to PigVomit's voice (I'm about to head out to lunch) and I won't make you either. I'm about to head to lunch.

8. justgladtobehere

justgladtobehere Well-Known Member

Where was this close analysis on every attenuated claim that Mueller was this close to nailing Trump?

9. DanielSimpsonDay

DanielSimpsonDay Well-Known Member

10. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

Claims in the national press?

Or claims on a message board?

11. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

What close analysis? I read the story and gave it the weight I feel it deserves, which is almost none. I'm very skeptical of anything that comes out of this White House given the Administration's penchant for flat-out lying to the public.

12. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

Mueller knows that criminal charges against Trump are unlikely to stick. OTOH, he can unearth enough to make an impeachment reasonable and force the Republican's hand. Trump might face criminal charges once he is out of office as well.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.