1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Last edited: Apr 6, 2018
  2. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

cyclingwriter2 likes this.
  3. DanOregon

Figuring someone finally clued Hannity in on Kimmel's "Man Show" years - figure there are enough clips there to avoid discussing Trump for a week or three.

Last edited: Apr 6, 2018
  4. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

The volume of Hilary tweets will be like Woj on the first day of NBA free agency.

HanSenSE and poindexter like this.
  5. Hermes

Hermes Well-Known Member

I don't know if I disagree with Jeff Greenfield's larger point, but John Paul Stevens' role as a former supreme court justice is not to stay quiet on issues he feels strongly to help the cause of the Democratic party. If he wishes to make an argument in a column that the Second Amendment should be repealed, he should write that op-ed. An idea from a smart, consequential person — no matter where they fall on the political spectrum — should not be kept from us all because the NRA might tweet about it and QYFW will link it on here and because Democrats don't know how to defeat the dumbest man to hold high office in American history.

The paranoia of the right and the ineptness of the Democratic party is not Stevens' problem.

garrow likes this.
  6. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

DO NOT CONGRATULATE

Webster, Slacker and DanielSimpsonDay like this.
  7. TyWebb

TyWebb Well-Known Member

I don't know what this means. But I do know what the first thing I'll do when he resurfaces will be: congratulate him.

It'll look like this:

[​IMG]

8. DanOregon

I do think the larger point - that people are writing a story six months down the road and acting like a "blue wave" is fait accompli are foolish. We're already seeing initiatives about guns that will guarantee a sizable GOP turnout regardless of Trump's polling - and won't add to any turnout numbers that are going to vote against Trump or for the Dems in any event.
    We are YEARS away from anything substantial moving the courts closer to the middle. And in theory, could have a constitutional convention declared within months to drive things further to the right if one of the split state legislatures votes for it.

9. TyWebb

TyWebb Well-Known Member

When has assuming an election was all but decided before election day ever backfired?

SpeedTchr likes this.
  10. DanielSimpsonDay

DanielSimpsonDay Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

11. DanOregon

"And even, and even if we win, if we win, HAH! Even if we win! Even if we vote and campaign so far over our heads that our noses bleed for a week to ten days. Even if God in Heaven above comes down and points his hand at our side of the field. Even if every man, woman and child held hands together and prayed for us to win, it just wouldn't matter, because the districts are gerrymandered in their favor, the Senate map is bad, the courts are stacked, and the Republicans still have all the money!
    It just doesn't matter!"
    [​IMG]

garrow likes this.
  12. lakefront

lakefront Well-Known Member

They often say EXACTLY what I am feeling, thinking, etc. and they rite better'n me!

garrow likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.