1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

2. QYFW

QYFW Well-Known Member

3. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

4. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

Say, isn't that one of the endless series of horseshit tweets that I put up earlier?

Speed, if they bother you that badly, put my ass on ignore. It's easy. I only have one person on the board on ignore, but doing it made the place much more pleasant for me.

Otherwise, I figure people here can read what goes up and make their own judgement. In most cases they have the original article attached, which I tend to think that posters here can analyze on their own. I mean, if it really helps, I can add a few lines to each of my opinion about them. I just tend to think they can stand on their own or fail on their merits.

melock and BadgerBeer like this.
  5. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

garrow likes this.
  6. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

No offense or d_b intended, NC. Saw an earlier tweet about the lack of threats, but the knee-jerk "fake news" reaction needed to be exposed.

Neutral Corner likes this.
  7. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

You can't have a newcomer come in and steal the show.

8. Twirling Time

Twirling Time Well-Known Member

9. Slacker

Slacker Well-Known Member

Godzilla vs. Kong!

10. typefitter

typefitter Well-Known Member

I don't love tweets being posted here in general, because they're often used as a substitute for actual conversation. But for me there's a difference between tweets that include news links from credible sources—and so aren't any different than the usual links that people post—and "opinion" tweets from dumb people I've never heard of.

11. QYFW

QYFW Well-Known Member

1C19C07B-568E-439A-9A42-254A3EB6BC08.jpeg

DanielSimpsonDay likes this.
  12. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

Trump outperformed the previous Republican nominee, Mitt Romney, in counties with the lowest numbers of news subscribers, but didn't do nearly as well in areas with heavier circulation.

How Trump thrives in ‘news deserts’

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.