1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Brought to you by QYFW, the board's leading proponent of hypocrisy, at least until YankeeFan returns.

2. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

Tough one for Trumpists. Can't decide whether to side with their favorite country or with Izzruhl, which they love only because they want it to serve its purpose of bringing Jesus back to Earth so Jewish people can have the lovely choice between abdicating their religion or burning in hell forever.

3. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

Relationship status: it's complicated.

4. goalmouth

goalmouth Well-Known Member

Russia, Syria, China, wherever -- the President of the United States still called neo-Nazis "very fine people."

5. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

I feel about Syria the same way I feel about North Korea. There's nothing the US can do that won't suck in some profound way. There's nothing harder in politics than correctly choosing the least worst option.

Fred siegle likes this.
  6. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

How about not "choosing" anything? Works for about 200 other countries.

7. lakefront

lakefront Well-Known Member

Why does everyone keep threatening that he is coming back? I have seen that for a while. How do we know?

Donny in his element likes this.
  8. lakefront

lakefront Well-Known Member

We are suppose to be the leader of the free world. I use to believe that I would rather have us as a leader than the other "super powers". I will feel that way again in the future. Even now, I trust our country--generally speaking--more than any other that is in the position to dictate the way the world moves along. This truly is a small world now, we are global. I don't see how we can be isolationists in this day and time. Just like people who want to separate races, that time has past, that is not the world today.
    We set the tone or russia does.

9. melock

melock Well-Known Member

But watch out when Trumpy starts draining the swamp.

10. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

11. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

We don't. I guess I'm just being a pessimist.

lakefront likes this.
  12. melock

melock Well-Known Member

Drain the swamp!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.