1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SpeedTchr

SpeedTchr Well-Known Member

Call your handler.... errrr, doctor... if that erection lasts longer than four hours, comrade!

2. lakefront

lakefront Well-Known Member

I don't know what that means.

3. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

lakefront likes this.
  4. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

White House staffers plan to have Trump on trip to South America to distract him from James Comey's book launch.

(John Kelly dangles car keys in front of POTUS: "Who's a big boy? You're a big boy.")

White House has no plan for countering Comey

5. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Choosing to do nothing (which in the case of Syria may well be the least worst) is also a choice.

Fred siegle likes this.
  6. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

Take the doctors' creed: "First, do no harm." (or as DQ would say, Primum non nocere)

Too many times we're like first-year med students trying to perform a heart transplant (or a regime transplant).

7. lakefront

I feel we do have the right because we have the freedom of our people that the other 2 do not. In an ideal world everyone gets to choose their own leaders. You bet I want our system for others. I would also like to see the UN hammer countries that kill their own people. That is my view, unrealistic though it is. We have certainly had our own issues and we have to admit those and try to improve, who does not, but as they say----we have the worst system in the world-except for all the rest.

8. lakefront

‘Many forms of Government have been tried, and will be tried in this world of sin and woe. No one pretends that democracy is perfect or all-wise. Indeed it has been said that democracy is the worst form of Government except for all those other forms that have been tried from time to time.…’

Winston S Churchill, 11 November 1947

9. typefitter

typefitter Well-Known Member

Like I said, I generally don't have a problem with tweets that include links to good sources. That's not any different to my mind than copying and pasting a link. If it's, like, six links in a row that might be a bit much. My problem is with "opinion" tweets. I don't need to read the ramblings of every right-wing Twitter loon and have them somehow be viewed by the poster as a cogent argument. I can be dumb on my own.

10. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

Yeah, I have no interest in defending every loony tune who post an ill-advised Twitter hot take.

Neutral Corner likes this.
  11. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

BTW, where has Double Down been, everyone?

No YF. No DD. No DQ for a spell. I feel like I'm having to carry this place these days.

12. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

"People want the border wall. My base definitely wants the border wall, my base really wants it—you’ve been to many of the rallies. OK, the thing they want more than anything is the wall. My base, which is a big base; I think my base is 45 percent. You know, it’s funny. The Democrats, they have a big advantage in the electoral college. Big, big, big advantage. I’ve always said the popular vote would be a lot easier than the electoral college. The electoral college—but it’s a whole different campaign. The electoral college is very difficult for a Republican to win, and I will tell you, the people want to see it."

Donald J. Trump, 23 April 2017

lakefront likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.