1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Sad but true, atrocities involving much larger numbers of victims happen all the time and the US and everyone else don't care because they take place in countries where we have no vital interest, or even minimal interest. Heard about the Rohingya? They are the Muslim minority of Myanmar who've been driven out of the country through ethnic cleansing/genocide. Tens of thousands dead at a minimum. Trump doesn't care, and if Clinton was President she wouldn't care either, because Americans don't care. Stopping it would require a major, like Iraq War major, military effort in a country most folks here can't identify on a map or spell. The public wouldn't stand for it. BT Express would argue that they shouldn't, and he's got a lot (but not all!) of the right on his side.

2. Big Circus

Big Circus Well-Known Member

Of all the Twitter-related crimes committed on this thread, making me look at Eric Garland’s fever dreams may be the worst.

3. SnarkShark

SnarkShark Well-Known Member

I had a guy threaten to "take me out" on Twitter a few weeks ago. They said it wasn't a physical threat and did nothing. They suck.

SpeedTchr and Inky_Wretch like this.
  4. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

Twitter's banhammer is weird and inconsistent.

5. Just the facts ma am

Just the facts ma am Well-Known Member

Last edited: Apr 10, 2018
  6. Shelbyville Manhattan

Shelbyville Manhattan Well-Known Member

He probably figured that hiding the files in the hotel suite worked for a while in “The Firm,” so it might work in real life.

7. CD Boogie

CD Boogie Well-Known Member

Did he at least offer to pay for dinner?

lakefront likes this.
  8. SnarkShark

SnarkShark Well-Known Member

I believe it was something like, "If I see you, I'm going to take you out. I'm going to drop you." There wasn't much room for interpretation, I thought.

9. CD Boogie

CD Boogie Well-Known Member

Charming

10. QYFW

QYFW Well-Known Member

YJADGNOHHO

11. HC

HC Well-Known Member

IWIHTFFCWATAM

12. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

The ending of the Trump Presidency