1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

I was thinking that as well. How many times can he scream this without it being considered an order?

2. CD Boogie

CD Boogie Well-Known Member

Please please please overreact and fire Rosenstein. It’s the manly move. Only a pussy wouldn’t do it!

3. TigerVols

More likely just going to use this excuse to give Cohen a quick pardon.

4. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

Terry Gross on "Fresh Air" is the best interviewer I know of, and it is because of her skill at listening, hearing something interesting, and nailing the follow-up question. She's always prepared - I don't know to what degree she's read everything her guest has written or if she gets outstanding staff support - but while she has a solid framework in her mind, she will abandon her next question to follow what her guest says immediately. "Wait, you mean that...?"

franticscribe and Inky_Wretch like this.
  5. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

I know @Dick Whitman hates the Small Sample Size Phenomenon™ but I've really enjoyed Alec Baldwin's interviewing ability the 19 at-bats few times I've heard him on Here's the Thing.

Sea Bass likes this.
  6. Neutral Corner

Of course, at this point, there are so many possibilities as to what may be uncovered from the documents, computer, and phone that Stormy's threat may be moot. Her case is already in the courts, though, and will be moving forward. I can't help but think that there will be documentary evidence which Avenatti will find very useful, though.

Last edited: Apr 10, 2018
  7. Sea Bass

Sea Bass Well-Known Member

I think Baldwin’s show is very good but could be soooo much better if he’d let subjects finish their sentences.

Songbird likes this.
  8. Neutral Corner

9. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

FWIW, I attended four tapings of Letterman's show in the Ed Sullivan Theatre and never saw an applause sign.

Kato likes this.
  10. Neutral Corner

11. TigerVols

12. QYFW

QYFW Well-Known Member

SpeedTchr likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.