1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Big Circus

Big Circus Well-Known Member

ABC, BBD

2. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

Trump isn’t an exception. He’s not even the tip of the spear. He’s the culmination of an effort to eliminate the greatest threat that those behind the Republican Party see: the lingering possibility that citizens of a democratic country might vote away some part of their wealth, privilege, and power.

3. TyWebb

TyWebb Well-Known Member

What has happened to you? Are you in danger? Is someone threatening to harm you if you form a coherent thought?

Blink twice if Moddy has you locked in his basement.

4. Kato

Kato Well-Known Member

That's so interesting. I think I recall hearing someone else say that somewhere, too. But the constant applause on that that show from Day 1 — applause instead of laughter, laughter that quickly morphed into applause — always grated on me. It always seemed unnatural, especially compared to the old show. And I loved Letterman (and still do ... just got done watching his latest Netflix episode with Jay-Z), had pix of him in my high school locker and everything.

5. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

I think it has to do with the audience's desire to be heard on the telecast. The warm-up act comes out before the show starts and encourages the audience to bring a lot of energy, says it will make the telecast better. So while the audience may find something funny, simple laughter doesn't really come across as "high energy." So laughter turns to applause, hooting and hollering, or whistling — sort of a way of saying "good job, you made us laugh." That's kind of how I remember it.

6. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

7. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

The East Coast Family

Donny in his element likes this.
  8. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

9. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Grassley having an early stroke or aneurism? Can't read more than 2 words without stumbling.

10. Slacker

Slacker Well-Known Member

ABCIEA123OSADRMABC123BYAMG

HanSenSE and TowelWaver like this.
  11. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

I’m rarely grateful for the Trump presidency but the frequent usage of “oligarchs” is one small bonus.

12. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Leahy sounds like he's on death's door.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.