1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

2. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

3. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

I expect Trump to appear with Mean Gene Okerlund at some point.

John B. Foster likes this.
  4. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

It's like they've got a junior staffer/intern monitoring this topic:

5. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Ryan is done in Washington. There is no longer any incentive for reporters to not call out that crap as the barefaced lie it is. They should have done it earlier, but you know "access."

6. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

What's hilarious is that Kudlow is saying the CBO is being pessimistic begging GDP growth at 2 percent year to year. Like there has never been a recession.

7. Big Circus

Big Circus Well-Known Member

No idea of the validity of this, but Erick Erickson reports this from an unnamed Republican Congressman off the record. Supposedly, this Congressman goes on Fox News frequently and defends Trump.

"I say a lot of shit on TV defending him, even over this. But honestly, I wish the motherfucker would just go away. We’re going to lose the House, lose the Senate, and lose a bunch of states because of him. All his supporters will blame us for what we have or have not done, but he hasn’t led. He wakes up in the morning, shits all over Twitter, shits all over us, shits all over his staff, then hits golf balls. Fuck him. Of course, I can’t say that in public or I’d get run out of town.”

8. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

My favorite from the Erikson supermarket chat article:

"Judiciary is stacked with a bunch of people who can win re-election so long as they don't piss off Trump voters in the primary. But if we get to summer and most of the primaries are over, they just might pull the trigger if the President fires Mueller. The sh*t will hit the fan if that happens and I'd vote to impeach him myself. Most of us would, I think. Hell, all the Democrats would and you only need a majority in the House. If we're going to lose because of him, we might as well impeach the motherf**ker. Take him out with us and let Mike [Pence] take over. At least then we could sleep well at night.”

9. Slacker

Slacker Well-Known Member

Oh, Christ, what a scary fucking photo: As tensions mount everywhere, here sits the brain trust of America.

[​IMG]

10. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

Baron Scicluna likes this.
  11. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

I'm assuming they need the name placards because of all the turnover.

12. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Federal judge nominee Wendy Vitter, wife of former Sen. David Vitter, yeah, the diaper guy, had her hearing before the Senate Judiciary Committee today. She was asked if she thought Brown v. Board of Education was correctly decided and refused to answer.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.