1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

I don't remember who was on one of the Sunday Shows defending it, but a panelist challenged him to name just one place in D.C. where he could get a room for $50. Crickets.

Personally, I'm torn between whether Pruitt getting locked out of the condo or his security detail breaking down the front door only to find out he was napping was funniest.

2. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

I suggest reading this series of tweets in rebuttal to Silver's assertion by somebody who has an advance copy of the book.

3. Neutral Corner

4. Neutral Corner

5. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Easy choice on who plays Kelly in the movie: Patrick Stewart.

Neutral Corner, Webster and HC like this.
  6. exmediahack

exmediahack Well-Known Member

All people are different, of course. Ryan and fellow Rep Tammy Baldwin are absolute polar opposites, politically and personally. I think they're both fine people.

Walker and Ryan are very close, politically. Walker is one of biggest asses I've ever dealt with.

7. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

Further Ryan.

Paul Ryan Was Born a Decade Too Late

In a rare instance of bipartisanship, fiscal doves and fiscal hawks alike are damning Ryan for the hypocrisy of railing against the dangers of deficits during the Obama years, while ushering in law policies that will massively increase them under President Donald Trump. Among Trump loyalists, he is denounced as a creature of the much-loathed Republican establishment, who has undermined the president’s agenda at every turn. Meanwhile, some of his erstwhile conservative admirers are dismayed by the fact that Ryan, the consummate team player, is stepping down at such an inopportune moment for House Republicans. So the question of the moment seems to be: Should he be tarred and feathered, or just exiled to the icy wastes of Siberia?

8. MisterCreosote

MisterCreosote Well-Known Member

Anacostia. And any one of about two dozen similar neighborhoods.

I suggest Pruitt go and live there. I’m sure he’ll love it.

Inky_Wretch likes this.
  9. QYFW

QYFW Well-Known Member

10. goalmouth

goalmouth Well-Known Member

For the journalists here who recall, it was former Time WH correspondent Matt Cooper who lost his career in the Scooter Libby case. And, he didn't at the time write about what Libby and he discussed.

Matthew Cooper (American journalist) - Wikipedia

11. QYFW

QYFW Well-Known Member

12. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

That's not bad. Keep waiting to see what GFW has to say (if he has anything to say). His history suggests that, w.r.t. Ryan, he's more of the Creosote clan ...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.