1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

MLB 2018 regular season thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Steak Snabler, Mar 28, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

2. poindexter

3. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

4. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

We need 7 other national sportswriters, 100 years between 'em all, to corroborate Passan's tweet.

5. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

Barry Bloom appears unaware that Ohtani is in the major leagues.

6. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

The Pirates were ready for the start of the season.

7. poindexter

So he has legitimate 99th percentile speed too!

Again, i'm just a guy sitting on my couch, but I posted here about his speed when I saw him hit the triple (I was behind on DVR).

I feel sorry for the people of Salt Lake City. And Colorado Springs, and OKC and the other places in the PCL. The scouts think that Ohtani should be playing there. Those folks are really missing out on something. Oh well.

8. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Maurer? LOLOLOL that feeble fingered peasant woman has a 5.23 ERA in 344 career innings! /8 Passan scouts

9. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Asked and answered. I know you think you have something there, but you don't. In Davidson's case, it is a specific statistical projection for the entire season. Given that the season is not yet complete, that determination cannot be made yet.

10. poindexter

I actually need @Dick Whitman to translate whether Passan is giving an opinion, or mouthing the opinion of scouts.

11. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

You complain incessantly about DW trolling, and then take the obvious troll job seriously.

12. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

He absolutely has defended it. He is arguing that it isn't "spectacularly wrong." He is defending it.

More importantly, he is making a huge issue of the small sample size being used to positively evaluate Ohtani during the regular season, while completely ignoring the even smaller and less-relevant sample size that was used by the scouts Passan cited.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.