1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

MLB 2018 regular season thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Steak Snabler, Mar 28, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

What are you talking about?

[​IMG]

2. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

Let's say its the 1990s and your stock broker recommends to you to short MSFT. And you get slaughtered. Then he tells you to buy Enron at its peak. And you lose again. Maybe you should get a new stock broker.
    EDIT
    Or at least keep the info to yourself.

3. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

How is that not relevant? If small sample sizes are a problem, they are always a problem. Dickie whines about the use of them when he doesn't like it, but ignores the use of them when it suits him. If it is bad to say anything about Ohtani based on his first 19 plate appearances of the regular season, it was bad to judge him based on 14 at-bats in spring training.

4. Songbird

Shohei Ohtani hit a three-run triple in Thursday's win over the Royals.

Advice: Ohtani stepped to the plate with the bases chock full of Angels in the seventh inning, and he unclogged them with a liner to the right-center field gap, hustling around for his first MLB triple. It was his only hit in four at-bats. The two-way star is hitting .346 with a 1.183 OPS at the dish, while owning a 2.08 ERA, 0.46 WHIP and 18/2 K/BB ratio on the mound. He's good.

(Rotoworld.com)

5. TyWebb

TyWebb Well-Known Member

Not an argument anyone but you is having.

(This is my version of "You are responding to an imaginary post")

JC likes this.
  6. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

For the record, I think he's really, really good. I'm excited.

7. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

Sheesh ... and they arrived at that conclusion without evaluating RBI? What the fuck?:D

TyWebb and Dick Whitman like this.
  8. Songbird

Hey, guys, it's me again, Mr. 3 Homers on Opening Day But 5 for his last 34 with 16 K's!

I might be regressing to what Baseball Prospectus predicted but hot damn! they mentioned me in the same sentence as Mike Trout!

[​IMG]

Mike Trout went 3-for-4 with a home run and two runs scored, and the Angels topped the Royals 7-1 on Thursday.

Advice: The game was actually much closer than the final score indicates, with the Angels scoring just one run through the first six innings. They broke out for five runs in the seventh, including Trout's single and run scored, and he capped the scoring with a solo shot in the eighth. Trout is now tied with White Sox third baseman Matt Davidson for the league lead with five homers, and he's tied with Mookie Betts atop the leaderboard with 14 runs scored as well. The Angels are now 11-3 on the back of Trout, Shohei Ohtani and company.

(Rotoworld.com)

9. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

You just wanted to get a Mookie Betts mention in here.

10. poindexter

Mookie Betts is so 2017. Or was that 2016?

11. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

We think we are having fun now, but wait until the Ohtani MVP debate and the many different definitions of “value” it will bring out.

12. poindexter

VOSLCB

Value Over Salt Lake City Bee

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.