1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Using wife's computer to interrupt communications-free weekend. Anti-Trump conservative David Frum tweeted this afternoon "the most fervent pro-lifer I know just emailed me that he saw no legitimate public interest in an RNC official paying for an abortion." Q, that's your issue, and I respect your sincerity even if I disagree. But that guy who sent the email, he's playing you and the people like you. He just wants power and the money power can bring.

2. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

Take a weekend off, Gee.

3. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Headed for cocktails right now. See you Tuesday after Patriots' Day.

4. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

The GOP donor in question paid the woman for an "exclusive relationship."
    I don't know what is more depressing someone successful enough to afford to pay for that thing to feel good about themselves, or the person on the other end of the "relationship."

Apparently this is quite an industry. The same attorney in this case is also involved in the Stormy Daniels and McDougal case.
    Celeb Dirt To Be Sold? You Better Call Keith

Figure Playboy is about to put out a "Women of the GOP " pictorial sometime soon. And they won't even have to pay for any new shots.

I guess what bugs me the most is the hypocrisy. Maybe you can justify the payoffs as a way of sparing your family the embarassment (even if they already are quite aware of your affairs), and limiting the liability of a potential divorce. But this isn't an extraordinary thing.

Last edited: Apr 13, 2018
  5. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

Wait, McCabe is Comey?!!!? I thought Gabriel Byrne was Comey!

6. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

Looks like it's going down tonight. Look at the date and time. At 5 o'clock on Friday they give him till Monday to do this. One business day. All three of these guys were on the transition team.

7. melock

melock Well-Known Member

Avenati on MSNBC now telling Ari Melber that the Feds tried to argue in court today that Cohen is not really a lawyer and any recorded conversations of him they seized are not privileged at all. Of course any illegal conversations aren't privileged whatsoever, but Trumpy is too stupid to realize/accept that.

8. amraeder

amraeder Well-Known Member

All I know is that Finkle is Einhorn

Sea Bass and garrow like this.
  9. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

McCabe is Comey, Comey is McCabe!
    This is just about the memos Comey drafted following his meetings with Trump, that he references in his book. I'm guessing they're trying to punch holes in Comey's story/memory. I doubt Comey put anything in those memos that made Comey (or Rosenstein) look bad.

10. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Haven't they already embarrassed themselves with memos?

11. DanielSimpsonDay

DanielSimpsonDay Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

12. Slacker

Slacker Well-Known Member

Satire from The Borowitz Report
    Amazon Apologizes for Shipping Ten Thousand Copies of Comey’s Book to White House

Calling it a “regrettable accident,” Amazon apologized on Thursday for shipping ten thousand advance copies of James Comey’s book, “A Higher Loyalty,” to the White House.

Cartons of the book arrived early Thursday morning and kept coming throughout the day, until stacks of the book clogged virtually every hallway and office in the building.

Reportedly, Donald J. Trump was so incensed by the book situation that he screamed at Mike Pence while the Vice-President was in the middle of praising him, one source said.

The White House press secretary, Sarah Huckabee Sanders, called any speculation that Trump had ordered Comey’s book “absurd,” adding, “The President does not order reading material.”

Jeff Bezos, the founder of Amazon, said that he had “absolutely no idea” how the ten thousand Comey books made their way to the White House, but advised Trump to follow the procedures on the Amazon Web site for returning unwanted merchandise.

“You can print up the return labels at home,” he said. “The books should be picked up and out of there in two weeks, three weeks, max.”

Bezos said that shipping the ten thousand books back to the company’s warehouse would not be overly costly for Amazon. “We get an amazing deal on postage,” he said.

Twirling Time likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.