1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. QYFW

QYFW Well-Known Member

A quick reminder that Ann Coulter agrees with you guys! And like you, she thinks Assad is being treated unfairly. NEHUCW!

2. Twirling Time

Twirling Time Well-Known Member

Thinking of Vice Presidents, I was wondering which was the most recent one to hold further public office afterward (besides president, a la GHWB, Ford, LBJ and perhaps Pence in 2019). Is VP the ultimate coach-killer job?

EDIT: Not talking about appointments (i.e. Walter Mondale as an ambassador), but elected office.

SECOND EDIT: Fritz is still alive. Dayum.

Last edited: Apr 13, 2018
  3. QYFW

QYFW Well-Known Member

4. BadgerBeer

BadgerBeer Well-Known Member

I am just catching up so this might have been mentioned but...did I just hear that the USA is sure that chlorine was used but we are not sure about sarin? Also I thought I heard mixed messages about this being a one off or start of sustained attack. But I have been drinking.

5. QYFW

QYFW Well-Known Member

6. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

There's always one.

Slacker likes this.
  7. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Fox & Friends called it.

8. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

9. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

Credit where it's due, the President's speech was good and the administration actually used some diplomacy to get some allies on board. That's a good thing, in my estimation. If, as has been alleged, the Syrian government released chemical weapons, this is the right thing to do.

The optimist in me hopes the President made this action - and has challenged Russia - because it's the right thing to do. The cynic in me finds the alternate theories behind this entire situation to be plausible.

I don't trust the man at all. But for tonight, unless/until other information comes to light, I'm in agreement with the U.S. response.

I Should Coco and QYFW like this.
  10. Slacker

Slacker Well-Known Member

QBAWL, you need to check your facts and do your research.*

* THIS IS A WIDE-RANGING ASSESSMENT.

11. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Would there be a week since Trump has been in office where any military action wouldn't seem to distract from unfavorable headlines? I do hope whatever we used on those chemical weapons depots burned hot enough to consume the chemicals and didn't just disperse the poison.

12. Twirling Time

Twirling Time Well-Known Member

Again, I don’t know that waiting until the average East Coast baseball game is in the sixth inning on Friday night is a way to win the news cycle. Perhaps a great way to duck it and see what rabbit Chris Wallace pulls out of his as— err, hat on Domingo.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.