1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Later on, when this becomes the quagmire that it will, and everyone points out that Trump said "mission accomplished," there will be the GOP sycophants who claim that's a lie because he didn't say it, he tweeted it.

That was actually a similar GOP spin with Bush. They were like, "well, he didn't really say it. There was just a sign over his head. Oh, and he didn't climb on the ladder to put it up."

2. I Should Coco

I Should Coco Well-Known Member

Surprised how many ultra-conservatives, here in True Believerville, are upset that we might go to war with Syria.

One of our reporters asked all the congressional candidates for an open seat about Syria and, of the ones who replied, all were "vehemently" opposed to military action in Syria. (they were asked before Trump announced the missile strikes, though). They do not want another Iraq situation.

3. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

Alas, term limits led to Trump. If Obama ran against him, turnout on the Dem side would probably have been high enough for him to win again.

franticscribe likes this.
  4. melock

melock Well-Known Member

Great thread.

HanSenSE and Slacker like this.
  5. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

This was yesterday afternoon, while Cohen was supposed to be in court. The judge asked his attorney how many actual legal clients Cohen had, and his lawyer admitted that he didn't know. The judge pointed out the utility of the accused attending his hearing in order to answer questions...

And where the hell did he get that jacket?

6. SpeedTchr

SpeedTchr Well-Known Member

Same circus, different clown.

7. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

Yeah, any minute now the Cheese Wheel will tweet, "...and I did not have sex with that woman."

HanSenSE likes this.
  8. CD Boogie

CD Boogie Well-Known Member

I meant term limits for congressmen. If they knew they had a set time, they’d act with more courage

9. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

10. BadgerBeer

BadgerBeer Well-Known Member

LOL.

11. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

They will greet our soldiers as liberators with flowers and candy.

Frankly, it still bothers me that too many in the U.S. were willing to forgive the GOP for that whole mess.

12. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.