1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lakefront

lakefront Well-Known Member

Also, read somewhere on twitter that cohen's lawyer was asked in court how many client his client has and could not name any. Opinion was that instead of hanging out with--insert mafia stereotype term here--he should have been in court to give this kind of info. I see this as typical bully behavior, it is hard for them to handle the push back.

https://assets.documentcloud.org/documents/4437270/Cohen-v-US-Govt-Opposition-to-TRO-Request.pdf

"Additionally, while Cohen claims in his motion to have been cooperative, he offers no support
    for this assertion. Publicly, Cohen suggested the opposite, telling Time Magazine that he
    declined a voluntary request from Congress because it was “too broad.”

"Moreover, not only is Cohen’s reliance on the USAM misplaced, but he invokes the wrong section. Cohen cites to section 9-19.220 of the USAM, which, as Cohen points out, applies to “attorneys who are not suspects” of a criminal investigations. See Br. at 22; USAM
    § 9-19.220 (noting the procedure to be followed when privileged materials are sought from a
    “disinterested third party”). Cohen, however, is not the disinterested third party contemplated bythe USAM. The applicable provision is that which applies when the attorney is a “suspect,
    subject or target” of the investigation."

"Cohen was not an employee or partner of the law firm and, according to the law firm’s
    representative, maintained complete independence from the firm. To be sure, it is possible that
    Cohen was copied on certain attorney-client privileged communications relating to clients of the firm. But to the extent such documents exist, it is likely
    – given the relatively short duration ofthe Agreement, the limited number of clients involved, and the utterly segregated nature of Cohen’s relationship with the firm, both electronically and otherwise – that the number of such communications is small."

2. QYFW

QYFW Well-Known Member

3. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

Examples, Mr. Ali?

Fox News, of course, would never indulge conspiracies. They would never, for example, put up a graphic that references Pizza Gate.

4. Hermes

Hermes Well-Known Member

I saw the tweet and turned to my wife. “You deflated and concerned?”

“I’m married to you. Yes.”

Women are cruel.

TowelWaver and HC like this.
  5. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

Also accurately describes the News Corp business model for the last half century.

6. QYFW

QYFW Well-Known Member

YAT

7. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

You know who knows about being deflated, folks? Tom Brady, am I right? He is one of the all-time greats, but not as great as he once was, that I can tell you. I won't say he choked in the Super Bowl, but he choked in the Super Bowl. Sadly, by the way, his wife is no longer a 10. Winners have to win, folks. And it is so easy to win the Super Bowl, believe me. I'm a winner. They said no Republican would ever get more than 300 votes in the electoral college. No one. But we did it folks, didn't we? And it was beautiful, so beautiful. Most electoral votes by a Republican, ever. That I can tell you. I won't mention that the system is rigged, but it is rigged by the way. I think I would with my temperament I would make a great coach. I mean like Vince Lombardi. See, the thing with Italians, and I know a lot of Italians because I am from New York, is that they love winners. I mean, I don't know why, given their track record in World Wars, but I won't say that.

8. Slacker

Slacker Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

9. QYFW

QYFW Well-Known Member

YAT

10. Slacker

Slacker Well-Known Member

TYPills.

11. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

His hands are deflated? And what are these 10s of which he speaks?

12. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.