1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

MLB 2018 regular season thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Steak Snabler, Mar 28, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

It's OK, it's a multi-residence unit.

TyWebb likes this.
  2. JC

JC Well-Known Member

You keep talking about getting value for him. They should have traded him while he still had value. Teams are not as stupid as they used to be, they are fall less likely to give up prospects for aging players on the decline.

3. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

His current salary $6.75 million is a relative bargain for a quality starter. He is arbitration eligible after this season and wouldn't be a free agent until 2020.

4. outofplace

I'm responding to his posts or others' posts about our interactions, not jumping into discussions just to take shots at him. I leave the pile-jumping act to JC.

In other words, nice try, but that isn't the gotcha you thought you had. Better luck next time.

5. TyWebb

TyWebb Well-Known Member

Or maybe he's just not that into you.

6. outofplace

If that was the case, it is still a salary dump. And if the market really was that low for McCutchen, the Pirates' long-established business practices are part of the reason. As I posted earlier, teams know they just have to wait because when in doubt, the Pirates will always choose the cheapest route.

7. outofplace

That would explain why he keeps trying to start arguments while hiding behind the button.

I believe this tangent began with a post mentioning critics of the Pirates' offseason. Were there any others on SJ.com?

8. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

Before the season began, Fangraphs gave the Brewers a 21.2 percent chance of making the playoffs and the Pirates an 8.8 percent chance.

As of this morning, Fangraphs gives the Pirates a better chance of making the playoffs than the Brewers.

That is what a deft offseason will do for an organization.

I don't want to even tell you about how they see your Giants.

9. MTM

MTM Well-Known Member

10. TyWebb

TyWebb Well-Known Member

I don't think what you think is happening is actually happening here.

And if it is, he's playing you like a fiddle and you should be embarrassed that you continue to let him.

But yeah, yeah I know, "I see bullshit, I call bullshit" and all that nonsense. I'm aware I've changed nothing here and I'm actually slightly embarrassed that I even tried. Continue yelling into the void at your leisure.

YankeeFan likes this.
  11. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

My Giants? I'm not a Giants fan. I mean, sure, I post obsessively about them and reply within two minutes every time they come up in discussion here, but don't leap to the conclusion that I'm a fan because of that. I haven't been a fan since that day years ago when I realized they don't have a garlic fries stand at the concessions beyond the center-field bleachers.

I post about them because it's a window into how the time-zone differences affect travel schedules and put certain teams at a disadvantage within the game's structure. But I'm not a fan.

12. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

NWCAYFBBTfrom1985

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.