1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. franticscribe

franticscribe Well-Known Member

Informal conversations can also create an attorney-client relationship. It's possible that Cohen saw that line being crossed in his conversations with Hannity and so felt a need to keep a record of them, while Hannity might have seen them as not having created a formal relationship because of the things he's said: no formal retainer agreement, no invoices, no payments, etc.

2. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Hannity can't get rid of this stink even if he did just ask a few questions, which I'm sure won't be the case.

He's now forever tied to the attorney who paid the president's hooker $130,000 in hush money.

It's terribly funny but there's more coming down the pike for Hannity. Just wait for it.

3. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

Thing is, the attorney-client relationship is supposed to protect the client, not the attorney. When you have the client downplaying his relationship with the attorney, but the attorney grasping onto the client like he's his lifeboat. ... you are 2.5 degrees to the left of the reason the privilege exists.

4. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

In any reputable news organization, Hannity would have been yanked off the air the second his name was spoken in court. We'll see what Fox does.

5. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

And amid all this, small victory for Cohn, it appears. Sounds like it's like winning the first inning, but still.

6. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Mission Accomplished.

HanSenSE likes this.
  7. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

It’s Michael Cohen and Roy Cohn. Both trump lawyers, but Cohn is dead.

HanSenSE likes this.
  8. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

As I can tell you from prior employment experience, the lines can get very blurred when you are a lawyer working for an entity. It's not always clear where your lawyer role ends and your strategic advisor role begins. Courts in my experience give huge deference to the privilege.

franticscribe likes this.
  9. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

Very not fine people on both sides.

10. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

I'm hacked off that my school has a lousy Taint team.

franticscribe likes this.
  11. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Hannity is not part of the entity (Trump Org) Cohen represents. Hannity has now said he consulted Cohen on real estate law. OK, that's privileged. If there's a tape where Cohen and Hannity discuss what Sean was going to say on the air about Cohen, this layperson finds it hard to believe that's privileged.

12. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

The handful of Russian balconies I've been on seemed pretty safe. But then, not even first-world balconies are free of mishaps.

UT Austin student dies after falling from 4-story balcony

UPDATE: WVU student dies after falling from balcony

Woman falls to her death from Philippi apartment complex balcony

Man Plunges To Death At Miami Beach High Rise

Man Killed In Fall From Ft. Lauderdale Hotel Balcony

Man dies after fall from Garden District balcony

Man dies in fall from mall balcony

Deadly fall from balcony

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.